citrix vs vmware VGPU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

iblik.94

Nov 16, 2018
Hello friends,
I decide between installing citrix and installing vmware.
there will be 5-10 virtual machines on the server which will have a divided VGPU, which will be used for IA.

I've tried to look for some comparison between hypervisors but unfortunately I can't find anything.
what do you think about this ?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I dont think Citrix is a Hypervisor? It runs on Windows iirc (and it has not changed).

So you maybe meant Citrix vs Horizon View?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Ah, thanks - never looked deeper into Citrix only being exposed as to it as user:)

iblik.94

Nov 16, 2018
Citrix hypervisor is Xen(server). In 2017 citrix removed a bunch of usefull features from the free version of the 7.3 release (XenServer 7.3: Changes to the Free Edition | Citrix Blogs).

In general I would avoid xen and use one of the usual suspects (vmwarex esxi, microsoft hyper-v, kvm) because there are more communities/better support.
and do you think they differ significantly in performance?

Alternatively, is there any other way to, for example, only instal win server 2019 on HW, to distribute gpu performance among multiple users who will have to access, for example, using a term?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
That depends on what you want to run on the GPU? Or rather what your use case is...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I dont think you will get acceptable performance via RDP only so your original plan seems to be sensible.
Maybe something directly on HyperV, but no clue of that.
Else basically what you already have, can get better support on, cheaper in that order