Citrix / Remote Desktop Licensing

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Erling Johansen

Nov 24, 2018
Hi,

Problem: After Restart Schedule, some terminal servers does not accept users.

When I check Session Count in Citrix Studio I can see some servers with session count 0 (zero), and when I restart them, they will accept users again (we use MCS/machine creation service).

I have two machine catalogs, i.e "Catalog A" and "Catalog B". This problem only occures with machines in "Catalog B". The terminal servers is configured with a GPO and point to "LIC01".

If I performs a "Update Machines" in the problem catalog it works fine for a while, and I suspect this is related to the "120 Day RDS Grace Period"? The two machine catalogs are based on two different master images (Windows Server 2012 R2).

Best regards,
Erling Johansen

markpower28

Apr 9, 2013
Do you have RSS license server up and running? Maybe a good question for citrix support forum.

Dean

Jun 18, 2015
Hi,

Problem: After Restart Schedule, some terminal servers does not accept users.

When I check Session Count in Citrix Studio I can see some servers with session count 0 (zero), and when I restart them, they will accept users again (we use MCS/machine creation service).

I have two machine catalogs, i.e "Catalog A" and "Catalog B". This problem only occures with machines in "Catalog B". The terminal servers is configured with a GPO and point to "LIC01".

If I performs a "Update Machines" in the problem catalog it works fine for a while, and I suspect this is related to the "120 Day RDS Grace Period"? The two machine catalogs are based on two different master images (Windows Server 2012 R2).

Best regards,
Erling Johansen
Yelp - seen this with 7.15 LTSR - PITA. Not sure what it is specifically, but it would be random to what Delivery Group Servers would indeed be affected. It was not of an overly importance to set a schedule, so I just found another way that worked for me and the end users.