Cisco UCS C4200 and C125 M5 adopts AMD EPYC 7000 Series

Discussion in 'STH Main Site Posts' started by Patrick Kennedy, Jun 6, 2018.

2. oddball

oddball Member

Would love to know where pricing starts on these. The platform is really compelling, I like the density, but also like that each node is separate and doesn't share networking components like a blade does.

I wonder if they require a Nexus 9k for networking, or if they work with Arista/Juniper gear. I believe the old blades only worked with Nexus.

3. vaughan

vaughan New Member

I agree with oddball, I was unable to find any information on pricing at the Cisco website.

4. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

I think with all Cisco gear, other is best to check with your sales rep on pricing.

They can be configured with a VIC and with standard networking

5. oddball

oddball Member

I might drop them a line, but then the hassling starts...

Regarding a VIC, a VIC can be in fabric mode, or just a NIC. I prefer VIC's in Cisco boxes as standard ethernet cards. They seem more robust and configuration via CIMC is easy.

My question was more whether you could manage these via CIMC on the chassis, vs needing UCS Configuration Manager and a Fabric Extender. The old blade centers required a fabric extender for any configuration. I wonder if these are the same.