Cisco UCS C4200 and C125 M5 adopts AMD EPYC 7000 Series

• Thread starter Patrick Kennedy
  • Start date
Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

oddball

May 18, 2018
Would love to know where pricing starts on these. The platform is really compelling, I like the density, but also like that each node is separate and doesn't share networking components like a blade does.

I wonder if they require a Nexus 9k for networking, or if they work with Arista/Juniper gear. I believe the old blades only worked with Nexus.

vaughan

Apr 27, 2016
I agree with oddball, I was unable to find any information on pricing at the Cisco website.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I think with all Cisco gear, other is best to check with your sales rep on pricing.

They can be configured with a VIC and with standard networking

oddball

May 18, 2018
I might drop them a line, but then the hassling starts...

Regarding a VIC, a VIC can be in fabric mode, or just a NIC. I prefer VIC's in Cisco boxes as standard ethernet cards. They seem more robust and configuration via CIMC is easy.

My question was more whether you could manage these via CIMC on the chassis, vs needing UCS Configuration Manager and a Fabric Extender. The old blade centers required a fabric extender for any configuration. I wonder if these are the same.