W

Cisco Moderro IEC/IEP-4650/4660 series managed smart displays

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I got my IEC-4650. Now trying to get into the BIOS to take a look around before opening it up, but am having no success. Have you bothered getting into your BIOS yet?

I managed to pull the maintenance code via the terminal and I tried to enter it at boot, but can't seem to be fast enough. So, either I have to learn to type/mouse much much faster, or there's another way I haven't discovered yet. Unless I need to break it open and pull the SSD to force an error/etc?

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
I got my IEC-4650. Now trying to get into the BIOS to take a look around before opening it up, but am having no success. Have you bothered getting into your BIOS yet?

I managed to pull the maintenance code via the terminal and I tried to enter it at boot, but can't seem to be fast enough. So, either I have to learn to type/mouse much much faster, or there's another way I haven't discovered yet. Unless I need to break it open and pull the SSD to force an error/etc?
Should be the same as the procedure to get into the 4660 - spam F7 on boot.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Should be the same as the procedure to get into the 4660 - spam F7 on boot.
That was odd. I'd been using my bench monitor, which admittedly is pretty ancient. F7ing was just giving me a blank screen and no boot.

I swapped over to one of the (much newer) monitors on my desk and the menu came up right away.

Thanks!

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I've been using mine as a HTPC running Windows 10 and Kodi. Works great.

Reactions: Markess

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
These still useful in 2023, or is there a better mini PC for the cost?
The Lenovo M700 and up Tiny series is pretty good. All metal case also. Well, except for the front bezel that is.