Chinese Intel X540-t2 - any experiences?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by MiniKnight, Mar 14, 2015.

1. MiniKnight

MiniKnight Well-Known Member

2. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

Saw these other day too, also seen some down to 275 but they go QUICK.

Looking forward to others experiences if any with these.

3. eva2000

eva2000 Active Member

No experience with X540-T2 made in China ones unfortunately, all mine are made in Malaysia

edit: you the ones you linked to made in Malaysia.. thought you meant where they were produced!

4. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

I think he meant is they could be "clones".

5. mrkrad

mrkrad Well-Known Member

Why they are branded intel!

6. T_Minus

T_Minus Moderator

Because they are from China?

The whole point of the thread, in my opinion, is to gauge who's used these "FROM CHINA" Intel Cards. Meaning, are they real? Do they work? Are they fake?

China has been churning out clones / fakes of everything for a LONG time. Some are IDENTICAL while others are TERRIBLE. IE: Some chainsaws work decent, and actually take "name brand" parts. China's Honda clones aren't bad, and for the $ are nice, etc... other things, not so much.

I hope I cleared that up, and if I missed the real point someone correct me ;)

7. chinesestunna

chinesestunna Active Member

@T_Minus is pretty on point, basically "Chinese clones" of everything falls into 3 types from my experience:
    1. Perfect Copies (OEM) - basically these are just "grey market", but just as good as the branded/originals. Example: Brand asks factory in China to make 100,000 units of product X, factory makes 150,000 units, fulfills contract for the original order and sells the 50,000 extras through various shady channels. These are same as the real deal but you obviously don't get any support, warranty and possibly less rigorous QC vs. the official units.
    2. Good Copies - a factory sees Product X as sum of its parts and realizes there's a heavy profit margin, decides to procure said collection of parts and assemble their own clones. In some products this isn't as big of an issue (low tech trinkets) but obviously in higher tech products probably will have more issues.
    3. Knock-Offs - Simple look alikes that don't really perform or function as the original. These are meant to either a) fool the consumer into thinking it's the real thing at a steep discount (sunglasses/watches/purses) or b) allow the consumer to fool their friends with status symbol products at a cheap price.
    Challenge of course is determining if your source has cat1, 2 or 3 products ;)

T_Minus likes this.