Chenbro NR40700 Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

eroji

Dec 1, 2015
I bought one of these chassis and am now trying to put together my NAS using it, however, I am a little unsure what's the best way to connect my HBA to the backplanes and I'm looking for some advice.

Chenbro - Products

The chassis houses 48 drives and consists of 2 SAS 6Gb/s backplanes. I have one HBA card right now, do I connect both SAS cables from HBA to the first backplane into the "mini-SAS in" ports and daisy chain a cable from the "mini-SAS out" to the second backplane? Or, do I connect a cable to each backplane off the HBA?

Attachments

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I would say connect two cables from hba to backplane 1 (if you use ssds connect them to this backplane) and then daisy chain the second backplane.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Likely either option will work, but the daisy chain method @i386 will likely lead to tidier cabling and possibly some extra performance depending on your setup.

masuta

Mar 29, 2018
You need to connect one cable to each backplane. The only way I could get it to work was to use CB3 on both backplanes.