Chenbro mITX server chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Tegan

Jan 31, 2011
Chenbro used to have a couple mITX cases with 4 hot-swap bays which they've since discontinued. These cases were pretty popular for small file servers. Chenbro has a new mITX case out as a replacement (SR30169) that has 4x3.5 hot swap bays plus 2x2.5 internal. The case also looks like it will be much cheaper than the old models. The previous cases cost over $200 while this one is around $100-150 online.
I haven't found any reviews of it yet and would love to see one.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Tegan, I will send them a note tonight to see if I can get a review sample. I was also a huge fan of the old Chenbro mITX enclosures. I got to play with one at a local shop and came away impressed on what they did with that little box.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
I sent a note for one, will see how that goes first.

Tegan

Jan 31, 2011
The global Chenbro website has 4x mITX enclosures
From what I've seen online, most stores list the first three models as deactivated or discontinued.
The SR30169T2 is the only one listed as new.

Thanks for trying to get one Patrick. Can you get them to send me one too? :p
I'd be interested in how it stacks up to the Lian Li Q08 which looks like the only competition for mITX with reasonable storage options.