Chenbro-Cleversafe-Slicestor-1440

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
Well that is disheartening. I was hoping I wouldn't have to get a different storage server when SSDs took over for spinning rust. Maybe I'll sell this to get something to prepare for that transition in the near future.
Honestly, at the speed SSD's run at this case would be a huge bottleneck being only SAS2. By the time SSD's are cheap enough to replace rust, you should be able to snag native 2.5 sas3 cases for reasonable prices anyway.

QuantumPrime

Oct 11, 2018
Has anyone figured out how to silence the expander boards power supply alarm? I’m trying to run the case on two power supplies and not deal with the alarms after every reboot. I even unplugged the alarms power plug going into the second expansion board but that only turns off the alarms LED at the front of the case.

theregoesplanb

Oct 17, 2016
Has anyone figured out how to silence the expander boards power supply alarm? I’m trying to run the case on two power supplies and not deal with the alarms after every reboot. I even unplugged the alarms power plug going into the second expansion board but that only turns off the alarms LED at the front of the case.
Don't suppose anyone has unraveled the alarm mystery? My PSUs all are capable of booting the machine when used singly, but I still havea persistent alarm. Unfortunately, the front panel alarm button needs to be pulsed to silence the alarm, so you can't just permanently close it.