Chenbro-Cleversafe-Slicestor-1440 (48 Bay SAS) Rebuild for Home Use

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

slushieken

Nov 9, 2016
Geran, mine measured a hair over 77cm when closed, and a hair over 93cm when fully extended; from front ear to back ear.

A bit long for the depth of my rack mounts front to back, by about 4 inches (an ISOBox I got lucky with some years ago). I am going to create an adapter to take up the distance, and similar to the author I am going to install another power supply to quiet it down. For now, my isobox has a sliding shelf on the bottom I am using for now.

Perhaps you will have better fit with yours. If pictures would help, let me know. Let me know how you make out!

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
Geran, mine measured a hair over 77cm when closed, and a hair over 93cm when fully extended; from front ear to back ear.

A bit long for the depth of my rack mounts front to back, by about 4 inches (an ISOBox I got lucky with some years ago). I am going to create an adapter to take up the distance, and similar to the author I am going to install another power supply to quiet it down. For now, my isobox has a sliding shelf on the bottom I am using for now.

Perhaps you will have better fit with yours. If pictures would help, let me know. Let me know how you make out!
Just so I'm reading this correctly...the distance between the ends of rails at the shortest distance 77cm/30"?

slushieken

Nov 9, 2016
Revising my numbers Geran - I was measuring those off the chassis and thought it was accurate.

However after I slid them on today for my own mods, the length was 28 1/4 inches or so at the short end.

It seems there was a locking mechanism that is freed up when it is slid onto the chassis rail. I hope I didn't cause you a problem...

Geran

Oct 25, 2016
Revising my numbers Geran - I was measuring those off the chassis and thought it was accurate.

However after I slid them on today for my own mods, the length was 28 1/4 inches or so at the short end.

It seems there was a locking mechanism that is freed up when it is slid onto the chassis rail. I hope I didn't cause you a problem...
Thank you for the follow up. It didn't cause any problem, I was just trying to determine how deep I needed to build my server rack (haven't started yet as I'm waiting for my DELL rails to arrive on Tuesday).