Chelsio 10GB 2-Port Adapter $30

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I did post this right after I ordered mine. Dunno if anyone other than me took advantage of it tho. Mine arrived and works perfectly.

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
I did post this right after I ordered mine. Dunno if anyone other than me took advantage of it tho. Mine arrived and works perfectly.
Agreed Fritz that the auction sold out well after you posted. Now that I'm actively looking - of course - it is sold out ;)

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
I was actually keeping my eye on that auction for a while now. I bought 4 dual port chelsio's from another guy for $25 each, so i didnt need it. That particular seller is good though. They ship fast with priority usps shipping. They are reasonable with the best offers as well. If you see anything from them that you like, I would definitely buy from them. I favorited them as a favorite seller on my account. I follow them too.

Check this one out too:

Chelsio Dual Port 10G SFP+ Cards CC2-N320E-SR 110-1088-30 low profile

The seller is alittle more strict on their best offers, but I have gotten things slightly cheaper from them. At time of writing, auction price is $39.99. Try for maybe $35? You might get lucky!
Thanks - I saw this seller listing these cards also. Your other post about single-port with DAC for around $18 was very interesting. Put BO in a few.

qamaro

Apr 9, 2016
How hot do these Chelsio's run?

I'm trying to find a dual port 10GbE to add to my SL390s servers but the airflow might not be ideal in that configuration. Figured if I could pair 2 more SFP+ ports with the built in one, I can nicely separate all my heavy traffic (vMotion, Storage, VM) per link. Leaving my management traffic to the 1GbE connections.

I also like the Hot Buy offer as well Dave, just not sure I want to take up my 1 PCI-E slot with a 1 SFP+ port card (also not sure if the buy comes with LP bracket)..... but its so awesome of a deal might grab 4 for my R610's.

qamaro

Apr 9, 2016
Ah, This bad boy may work!

LOW PROFILE BRACKET FOR LPE12002 AJ763A

I am not 100% sure though. Sometimes the slightest bit of space can throw off the port placement. Just $8 bucks though. It is worth it to try. Say $25 best offer for the card + $5 best offer for the bracket = $30 bucks total!

I really couldn't say for 100% sure if the bracket will fit the chelsio though, it is worth a try however, and if it works, then this is an awesome deal!
Thanks I'll give it a look!

WeekendWarrior

Apr 2, 2015
Yeah I think the Chelsio's run decently warm like most of these types of cards. The heatsink that comes attached to the card seems like it is sufficient to dissipate the heat generated by it. I am running one in my 1156 server right now with no heat issues. I think they should be fine in a 2u setup once you have at least one fan pulling air in and outside the case/chassis.

I see what you mean about taking up your only x8 slot though. I put my single port mellanox in my htpc, but for the server I wanted to have at least dual ports to LAG for 20Gbits if I wanted to later.

Hey Dave, yeah I really like this auction! I have been trying to get the seller to come down slightly lower than $18 per set for an even better deal, but seller won't budge. Will keep trying though! You just can't beat the overall price for the cable and card though. I'm actually not sure if the seller has any low profile brackets. I might shoot them an email on ebay.
Agree re the single/DAC auction - after some thought I went all in on it and bought a bunch. I will probably upgrade to dual cards as they become available inexpensively.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I ordered a low profile bracket for a IBM M1015 from China. It arrived today in an envelope. Thought to myself "Good grief, I bet it's bent all to Hades". But nope, it wasn't bent at all. Kudos to the Chinese carrier and USPS. I rarely order from China because a lot of Chinese sellers just don't care, they have your money and the shipper has the item, what happens after that is of no concern to them. But this bracket was only $4.49 with free shipping so I didn't loose any sleep.

qamaro

Apr 9, 2016
Ok! So spotted this seller selling the dual port cards for $30 bucks with best offer! They are the low profile brackets and I think some people were searching for those. Best offer means the seller would possibly take less, so you can try for a lower bid! Good luck!

Here ya go my friends:

Chelsio 10GB 2-Port PCI-e OPT Adapter Card 110-1088-30 Low Profile
Ok so from what I could find I believe that card looks to be the Chelsio S320e-lp-cr

Very good price on it from just a cursory internet search.

Do these work with ESXi 6 U2 (I see them on the list for 5.1)?

Last edited: