Checkpoint OS installer thumb drive without Isomorphic?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Quick stupid question - I am trying to resurrect an old Checkpoint 4400/T120 firewall in the office - one that seem to have been neglected (OS dating back to E75.40?) - so it's pretty obvious that I am not a current Checkpoint licensee (and considering that the hardware is EOL at the end of 2021, it's probably not worth my budget).

Has anyone try to do a clean reinstall of GaiaOS using a bootable thumbdrive that's not made using Isomorphic? I tried unetbootin and Rufus and so far, no dice...

tonyjadd

May 12, 2020
I'm on a customer site, doing a R80.10 install. Has a R77.10 open server standalone, and a new server for me to turn into a R80.10 open server.

Kodi nox

Last edited:

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
I'm on a customer site, doing a R80.10 install. Has a R77.10 open server standalone, and a new server for me to turn into a R80.10 open server.
Clean install? Is it possible to create a working USB installer without Isomorphic?

Last edited:

Roelf Zomerman

Jan 10, 2019
blog.azureinfra.com
i managed to find isomorphic somewhere.. but I'd have to look it up.. for me it only worked with isomorphic.. - but i think my device is now installed with pfSense..

I also managed to boost the memory so that at least it runs the "latest" version

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
i managed to find isomorphic somewhere.. but I'd have to look it up.. for me it only worked with isomorphic.. - but i think my device is now installed with pfSense..

I also managed to boost the memory so that at least it runs the "latest" version
Yeah, I talked to the integrator that works with our firewalls, and they rather graciously made me a thumbdrive with the software I needed. Yeah, it looks like you need Isomorphic to work with the Checkpoint ISO images.

And yes, on the E80 line, it looks like the machines with 4GB of RAM will not cut the mustard. You would need to add more RAM to make it work.