Cheapish? DAC Cables 10G/25G

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Reactions: Samir

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Lol at 15-20 day shipping I'd rather keep buying DACs off ebay, way cheaper and less time.
I would only recommend buying if you plan to reach the free shipping limit. Also, these are programmed per order, I imagine getting specific quantities if you need specific programming on ebay might be more difficult if you have something less popular.

edit: Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you were talking about shipping cost. I am not sure how long they take to get, I know my in stock items (not DACs) I ordered were ordered yesterday and should get here today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Please let us know about your experience & quality of the product! I don't need DACs right now, but could use some of their other items and the prices seem good.
Second this as they either seem like a legit us based small business or a us-based front dumping cheap chinese crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Cruzader

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I think this is the store frontend for Lynn.
LYNN - Servicing communication distributors since 1964
I think you're right since they both have the same 'Dave' in the Ohio warehouse: :D

Still, don't know why they changed their name from 'Total Cable Solutions' which is a nice logical company name where you don't have to ask 'what do they do?' to LYNN which would garner questions from every angle of 'who is she?' 'does your wife know?' and more. :rolleyes: I blame the stupid kids today...

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Still, don't know why they changed their name from 'Total Cable Solutions' which is a nice logical company name where you don't have to ask 'what do they do?' to LYNN which would garner questions from every angle of 'who is she?' 'does your wife know?' and more. :rolleyes: I blame the stupid kids today...
:p @Samir you crazy guy!

A little keyboard work on the googs reveals that 'Total Cable Solutions' is a retail subsidiary of 'Lynn Electroincs', which has several other subsidiaries, and is itself a subsidiary of 'Platinum Tools Inc'.

But wait, the plot thickens. 'Platinum Tools' doesn't actually make any platinum tools (gasp!) and is itself one of nine subsidiaries of NSI Industries (whoever they are).

Last edited:

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
I've been using 10gtek cables (10G and 25G SFP+, and a few 1000BASE-SX Multimode transceivers) and they've been reliable. I've never had compatibility issues with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cruzader

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
I ordered a bunch of eth and power cables from them last night, 50+ of each, and they shipped today from "Lynn Electronics Corp". Eth and C13 to C14 cables cheaper then FS.com.

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
I've been using 10gtek cables (10G and 25G SFP+, and a few 1000BASE-SX Multimode transceivers) and they've been reliable. I've never had compatibility with them.
Probably in the triple digits of 10gtek cables by now and also never had any issues.

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Probably in the triple digits of 10gtek cables by now and also never had any issues.
I always find it really odd how they price their transceivers. Sometimes I see it listed on their site for $20, then I go on their eBay store and it's $7, sometimes it's even cheaper than that. The last time I bought some it was for my Mikrotik router and a Netgear switch, came out to be $12 total and they just worked.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Power cables came in, packed in a sturdy box and no surprises on missing or incorrect items. No idea on country of origin but they appear nice enough quality.
20230118_191256.jpg