Cheapest Prices on Ethernet Cable?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Kneelbeforezod

Sep 4, 2015
Is the ebay the place for low price Cat 6? Or is there another source y'all use? I need some 4 to 6 foot length ethernet cords.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Mono price FTW. Or in Canada PrimeCables.com They often sell MP but without the huge shipping cost (which is not a knock on MP- boxes of copper turn out to be heavy, who knew..)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsuff

Aug 16, 2015
Speaking of Monoprice, which of their cables do you guys recommend? Slimrun/Flexboot/Zeroboot cables? It's on my todo list to clean up the network with colored cables etc. Cat6 too probably.

bds1904

Aug 30, 2013
Patch panel to switch - no boot, no need for snag protection on a switch or patch panel

Wall to device - boot that covers the tab completely, simply for snag protection

Reactions: wsuff

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
We have drastically different opinions there. Patch to switch SHOULDN'T need boots, but is almost always where they end up in bigger bundles than you'd like, especially as they get tucked into cable management runs and such. No reason to save $0.04 by not getting them, IMHO. Everyone will ah e their own thoughts though...

Pete L.

Nov 8, 2015
Beantown, MA
Another Vote for Monoprice, you could also check out FiberStore.com as they also sell copper, they are insanely cheap on Fiber and can only assume their quality will be as good with copper.

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
It's so cheap from "legit" outfits (I use comms express in the UK) that it's just not worth the risk buying from eBay IMHO

Reactions: NetWise

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Well you're linking to a 5ft cable for Monoprice so are you comparing apples to apples?

The other vendor may well be fine - this is how we find them. I know I can get every colour and length to match my internal standards with mono price and know heir shipping costs to Canada and have an account. I've never bought just one cable so I'd always get shipping in aggregate and it's usually less than $40 for 50-100 misc items so hey can do shipping pretty cheap. All I'm saying is it's not 'too expensive' if it's within a +\- 10% to deal with a known vendor, for me.

wsuff

Aug 16, 2015
Some of Monoprice's cables are also available through Amazon which sometimes works out cheaper on smaller orders.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

andrewbedia

Jan 11, 2013
Well you're linking to a 5ft cable for Monoprice so are you comparing apples to apples?

The other vendor may well be fine - this is how we find them. I know I can get every colour and length to match my internal standards with mono price and know heir shipping costs to Canada and have an account. I've never bought just one cable so I'd always get shipping in aggregate and it's usually less than $40 for 50-100 misc items so hey can do shipping pretty cheap. All I'm saying is it's not 'too expensive' if it's within a +\- 10% to deal with a known vendor, for me.

It's the same link for all lengths... I quoted the 50ft price.

Also, shipping from MonoPrice to New York is $6.95 just for one cable. That's bullshit, if you ask me. That's not +10%, that's almost +80%.

I don't hate monoprice, but a lifetime warranty is a lifetime warranty and I've had excellent luck at least with the HDMI cables from CMPLE. I've got a few Cat6 cables that I just ordered from CMPLE today (not because of this thread, believe me!) and I'll see how they compare to the monoprice ones.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
A cable is a cable, IMHO. Most of what I look for in a vendor like this is color and lengths to match my standards.

As for $7 for one cable - there's a minimum change and I'd never order only one cable. So that seems perfectly reasonable to me. In aggregate, the shipping price when factored on a per-unit basis has always been pretty fair, to me. I often get boxes that are quite heavy for reasonable amounts. I have switched to the Canadian sites though largely for reduced duties and cheaper yet shipping.

xbliss

Sep 26, 2015
What kind of cables do you prefer for "long draws to locations" (stronger/ harder) v/s (more flexible/softer)"Patch panels to Switch AND RJ45 jack to PC"?

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
The "normal" method is flexible stranded wire for patch cables, which are Panel-Switch and Wall-PC. Then using solid core for in-wall setups from the back side of the patch panel (the punch-downs) to the wall jacks.