Cheap X99 MB

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
To go with the recent cheap X79 Chinese MB, I figure we will do one for x99 also. So far no luck finding a Chinese one yet... guess they still working on copying it?

anyway, seems like the price for this X99 single cpu board are ridiculously cheap around $100. a lot of time cheaper than even the cheap Chinese x79...

I like to get one too before price heads back up and also bc I got a few v3 cpu I like to test out. obviously DDR4 price right now is the limiting factor for all of us. The other problem is ECC support and registered/ unregistered dimm support and qs/es support....

So anyone got a recommendation for x99 that would support es/qs cpu as well as the most flexibility with ram reg/unreg ecc support? thanks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Last edited:

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
That would probably work. The Asrock board I had seemed to work fine with a QS CPU and RDIMMs. I never did really test to see if ECC was working though.

squidman

Jul 8, 2017
Taobao it? Haven't tried yet, but wow there are some really cheap refurbished ax1500i's among other things..and of course cpu's..tried briefly directly, but the google translate thing didn't work too well. And Taobao agents take a lot. But, yeah for ES/QS chips etc that's gotta be where it is..maybe not mobos or psu graphics cards tho..