Cheap SAS (*Right Angle*) SFF-8087 to 4x SATA breakout cable LOTS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Deke Conine

Nov 6, 2018
At this price it's worth buying a handful, as long as the lengths (20", 24", 28", & 31") will work with your setup. I personally have 1M cables coiled up and velcro-ed together in one of my short depth cases, so these will work for at least that application.

H/T @Rand__ for his post (https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...50cm-cable-cbl-sast-0616-10-pieces-€33.22241/) directed at EU members that piqued my interest and prompted my search...

For those of us on this side of the pond, a similar deal (better?):

10 for $28 US - LOT 10x Mini SAS to 4-SATA SFF-8087/36 Pin Multi-Lane Forward Breakout RaidCable | eBay

or 5 for $14 US - LOT 5x Mini SAS to 4-SATA SFF-8087/36 Pin Multi-Lane Forward Breakout Raid Cable | eBay

P.S. New member / long time lurker here, hoping I can add something worthwhile to the group :)

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
welcome to STH!

The price is really nice, but the right angle on the SFF-8087 for host side (HBA/RAID card) has limited applications. With a multi-port HBA or RAID card, you can only use it on 1 port, and not the other as it would end up blocking the other port. The right angles are great for target side, like backplanes and such, and at times are required due to space constraints. I suspect that is why they are so cheap.

Deke Conine

Nov 6, 2018
Yeah, I can see that being a limiting factor... I'm using a 24 port HP SAS Expander card and won't need to use more than three of the internal ports so I'll take the chance on a 5 pack.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
yeah, due to the space contraint, you pretty much can only use 1 of these right angle connector cable in only the outermost port even if your raid card has 6 ports... hence the very cheap price....

Now if we can only find a way to unangle the connector, then we would all jump on it....lol