Cheap PCI-E SAS 6Gb/s HBA? C6100 Tape Questions/Passthrough

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

doofoo

Aug 28, 2013
I'm looking for a SAS 6Gb/s adapter which I can put into one of my C6100 node's to feed to a LTO6 Autoloader.

Thinking about adding a LTO6 autoloader to take care of all my home video, pictures, etc. Seems like the best archival for kid's photos and whatnot.

Does anyone have any recommendations of something that would fit well in the C6100?

Also - I'm not sure, but it would be nice if I could have it passed through to a vm under vSphere 5.5 so I don't waste an entire node. Has anyone done this w/ the C6100's?

doofoo

Aug 28, 2013
Found this one:

Dell SAS 6 GB HBA External Controller for Select Dell PowerEdge Servers / PowerVault Storage : Storage: Hard Drives & Storage Media | Dell

I believe it is the same one referenced in this document:
http://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent/...s/Documents/dell-6gbps-sas-ita-spec-sheet.pdf

I can't find any references to low profile bracket though.. In the PDF above, it says it's "Half-height, half-length PCI adapter", however none of the ones I can find have the low profile bracket. Will this fit?

I'd hate to order it just to find it won't work. :(