Cheap Hitachi 2TB Drives (Data Center Recycle) $30! Free Shipping!

keybored

May 28, 2016
when I want to buy used drive, ( some seller said, refurbished, and I said you lie hehe), upttime shoud ble less than 1000 hours, or prefer 100-500 hours. ...
So, what you're really saying is that you don't buy used drives at all, right? :)
At 100-500 hours, someone just bought the thing and plugged it in for a few days. It is technically used, but not really.

guarddog

Jul 9, 2016
I bought 8 of these drives from the eBay seller. I wanted 5 of them for a QNAP, assuming at least 2 would not work and still have 1 spare.

I only opened 3 of them. Each one of them spun strange and made all kinds of noise (only tried 1 at a time). I had to literately hold down my 5 bay QNAP so it did not move from the violent spinning. The drives never came up.

I put them back in the box and shipped all 8 of them back to the seller, did not even open them all for fear of them damaging my QNAP.

Sleyk

Mar 25, 2016
Stamford, CT
Was reading through the thread as i missed a few days, and seems like most are pretty happy with these. I am too. Sorry to Josh though! I feel ya on the greeting of the first drive. But yeah, just as the guys were saying to ya, you can just rma it and get a replacement or refund, no problem. Seller is great in my book for this. I even got another 16 drives for me brother. He loves these Hitachi drives. Its all he would use now. I told him to try Western Digital, but i can't force the little bitch away. Ah well.

Knight, Those packaging pics always make me happy I dealt with these guys. They really did a great job with your drives.

Bad news guys! Seems like all of the 7K3000 64MB cache drives are sold out. Boy, did they have alot! Something like 18,000.
Kinda hope they get more in stock.

dragonme

Apr 12, 2016
Waiting now for 4tb drives to come off lease!

I have 10 hitachi in a zfs pool with a mix of hitachi 2tb 3G ang 6g drives with over 50000 hrs on it. It's never kicked a bit let alone drop a drive.

Haters Gonna hate. Internet commandos that have never actually done it are gonna throw out exper opinion of what they have no clue about. Which is nice as it leaves more of these drives for those of us that know better.

SINN78

Apr 3, 2016
Waiting now for 4tb drives to come off lease!

I have 10 hitachi in a zfs pool with a mix of hitachi 2tb 3G ang 6g drives with over 50000 hrs on it. It's never kicked a bit let alone drop a drive.

Haters Gonna hate. Internet commandos that have never actually done it are gonna throw out exper opinion of what they have no clue about. Which is nice as it leaves more of these drives for those of us that know better.
Drives are all sold out :( having said that i had 1 bad drive that the seller quickly sent a return label for and issued a refund once he got it back what's not to like about that? hope they get more

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
arf, i had bought a batch of 10 (that are in shipping) and would buy another batch the next month...

I hope i will not have more than 2 fails because it's for a 8 drives pool...

Sleyk

Mar 25, 2016
Stamford, CT
Yeah, I'm sad they're sold out on eBay too. They're certainly durable, enterprise drives. I still have them linked in case they get fresh stock, but as the days pass, I am becoming alittle doubtful. I will email them and ask if they are expecting any more stock in the near future.

They still do have the 32mb version in stock for the time being though, albeit, they are asking for $40 bucks instead of the $32 they initially wanted. For that price, I am leaning towards a few other manufacturer refurbished resellers I know of on eBay.

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
You need to play with the shipping calculators. It is not 'per device' but a 'base plus additional'. It's $21 USD for me to Canada for one - or $28.03 for a dozen or about $2.25 a drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HorizonXP

May 23, 2016
The shipping on these at $21 makes them cost prohibitive.
That's for Canada. Free shipping in the US.

I managed to snag 6 of these from another seller at $50 USD each, and $15.12 USD for shipping to a US address I have in New York. Need to head down there to pick up a chassis I ordered, so it's worthwhile for me to have these shipped there.

At $17.50/TB, I think it's a good deal, and I'm hoping that they're in good condition.

rubylaser

Jan 4, 2013
Michigan, USA

I managed to snag 6 of these from another seller at $50 USD each, and $15.12 USD for shipping to a US address I have in New York. Need to head down there to pick up a chassis I ordered, so it's worthwhile for me to have these shipped there.

At $17.50/TB, I think it's a good deal, and I'm hoping that they're in good condition.
At $17.50/TB, they are a good deal :)

NetWise

Jun 29, 2012
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Point is still the same - don't assume any listed shipping price is 'per unit'. Also use that shipping calculator to punch in a bogus Max number as it will tell you the most they have available.

Hell I've seen shipping DROP by adding more. One thing the other day was $15 for one but for 6 was $13.25. Stupid but in my favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk