Cheap Fusion Io SSD Drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
I would wager that's on purpose to attract potential hits to the listing from user typos.

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
Nah, I went to hundreds of meetings while working at SanDisk and people always called it "ScanDisk"

"And here to speak to us today is Dave from ScanDisk..."

Me: .... "San... San Disk..."

acquacow

Feb 15, 2017
So the 3TB arrived with a busted surface mount cap (bottom right of card). This is a common thing since those caps are bulky and get bumped off with a lot of handling.

The heatsink and NAND are a bit scuffed up, probably from this thing sitting in a parts bin.

The good news is that I temporarily taped this cap in place to verify that the card is good. I then soldered the cap on and put it to use.

Only 30TB written to this thing and it easily has a wear life of 30PBW, so it'll be in use for a while.

I don't have a hot air station, so I had to make due with a hair dryer to get some heat into the board and used my tiny Weller iron to feed some solder onto it. Even with flux I couldn't get it to flow under, but this is plenty good for my lab.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk