Cheap DIY JBOD short depth enclosures in Europe?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Looking for a chassis that I can work in for a DIY JBOD DAS... in Europe (UK is OK too though I prefer EUR shops because of the rates). It must be short depth since I have maximum 47cm between posts front/back in my cabinet. 2U, 3U is fine.

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
How many drives, LFF or SFF? I've got a Supermicro SC825 I'm putting up for sale in the next week or so but it'll be too deep for you. Lenovo SA120 might fit the bill if you can find a suitably-priced one. What do you call cheap?

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Have a look at these,

http://www.norcotek.com/product-cat.../hot-swap-storage-case/12-bays-hot-swap-case/

There are also 3U versions available. The ones that have "External" in the name are going to be shorter depth. For example DS-12H I believe is 18 inches.

You will have to check your European vendors/retailers for these part numbers to see who has what and at what price, but I think that Norco is generally available worldwide?

Also, be sure to check ebay.

Last edited:

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
How many drives, LFF or SFF? I've got a Supermicro SC825 I'm putting up for sale in the next week or so but it'll be too deep for you. Lenovo SA120 might fit the bill if you can find a suitably-priced one. What do you call cheap?
SFF, SA120 is fantastic but finding one in Europe seems tough. I wish they were around here as affordable and plentiful as in the US. I found a seller in eBay for a new unit, but there might be significant customs duties, and they can't do anything about it because of the Global Shipping program (they handle everything, like a forwarding service) :(

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Have a look at these,

http://www.norcotek.com/product-cat.../hot-swap-storage-case/12-bays-hot-swap-case/

There are also 3U versions available. The ones that have "External" in the name are going to be shorter depth. For example DS-12H I believe is 18 inches.

You will have to check your European vendors/retailers for these part numbers to see who has what and at what price, but I think that Norco is generally available worldwide?

Also, be sure to check ebay.
I haven't found any retailers for them in Europe yet, ugh.

Mishka

Apr 30, 2017
London, UK
Might be worth looking at the Logic-Case, believe they are Norco clones.

Not sure if they are short enough though but they have a variety on servercase.co.uk