Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

[Nobody]

Nov 1, 2020
I have a E5-2630 V2. chipset is afaik a Q79, however, the upper two ports are connected to the CPU.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I have a E5-2630 V2. chipset is afaik a Q79, however, the upper two ports are connected to the CPU.
Q79 does not exists? check CPU-Z or HWinfo.
PlexHD X79T use Q77 B75 chipset, the BIOS may not work with other chipset then.

Last edited:

[Nobody]

Nov 1, 2020
The chipset is a B75. Setting it to PCIe 2.0 didn't solve it.

The problem was: I had to disable " Launch disk controller (or something like that) OpROM Policy". After that it worked like a charm :)
thank you for your help

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
The chipset is a B75
if you plan to update the BIOS with a one from other boards i.e. PlexHD make first a dump of your current BIOS with a USB programmer(ch341a or similar). i recommend a BIOS which is from a board which uses B75 too. some say different chipset works, some not, personaly i would never use a BIOS from diff.chipset.

Reactions: [Nobody]

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

I got an Atermiter X79 Turbo. Is this Motherboard capable to use UEFI?
Every motherboard can use UEFI, via coreboot for example. All Chinese X79 motherboards have UEFI APTIO 4 firmware. What do you need it for? NVME boot?

[Nobody]

Nov 1, 2020
What do you use when you need to change things at the BIOS? Some sort of USB video card?
I have several options
- swap the 10g nic with a GPU
- swap the 10g nic with a PCIE expander and connect a GPU with it
- use one of these PCIe 1x --> 16x expander

cloud-bird

Aug 25, 2023
When I contacted the brand JINGSHA (KINGSHARK), and asked about ECC support, they didn't even bother to reply. One of their other sellers said it was not possible.

I specifically bought this X99 board from Diego because he promised good support.. and he delivered. Above and beyond. After talking with him, he went out and hired a BIOS engineer to get ECC working. That's expensive.

Developing a product and resolving issues takes blood, sweat and tears. You're asking me to steal this persons hard work. I won't do that.

If you want working ECC on this board, you have a few options:

* develop it yourself. From my research, the ME does MC initialization so setting it to the server chipset should be enough.
* wait for an alpha release of open core (open source) I'm working on
* ask szmit for the BIOS.
* buy the board from szmzit. They have the best pricing, even on Taobao.

FYI - I don't receive any money from this. I'm only recommending a product I found to be useful from a stellar seller.
Hello e97, I have acquired a JingSha X99-8D3 from a friend and I'm building a personal server around it, but unfortunately I can´t find anywhere a BIOS that enables ECC functionality. I tried contacting SZMZ as you said but the attendent doesn´t understand my needs and keeps sending me the wrong BIOS. Having said that I was wondering if you can help by sharing with me a BIOS that has ECC functionality!

Vit K

Feb 23, 2017
I am sure ECC always enabled on Xeons when ECC memory is installed.

try this commands to see if your memory in ECC mode
linux = dmidecode -t 17
windows = wmic MemoryChip get DataWidth,TotalWidth

hgsantos2002

Aug 24, 2023
When I contacted the brand JINGSHA (KINGSHARK), and asked about ECC support, they didn't even bother to reply. One of their other sellers said it was not possible.

I specifically bought this X99 board from Diego because he promised good support.. and he delivered. Above and beyond. After talking with him, he went out and hired a BIOS engineer to get ECC working. That's expensive.

Developing a product and resolving issues takes blood, sweat and tears. You're asking me to steal this persons hard work. I won't do that.

If you want working ECC on this board, you have a few options:

* develop it yourself. From my research, the ME does MC initialization so setting it to the server chipset should be enough.
* wait for an alpha release of open core (open source) I'm working on
* ask szmit for the BIOS.
* buy the board from szmzit. They have the best pricing, even on Taobao.

FYI - I don't receive any money from this. I'm only recommending a product I found to be useful from a stellar seller.
Hello e97, is there anyway that u can share Diego's contact information so that i can buy these BIOS?

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Hello e97, is there anyway that u can share Diego's contact information so that i can buy these BIOS?
Hello, there have been floods and tornadoes in my area so excuse the delay.

I dont run these boards any more so dont have recent BIOS.

Diego left SZMIT and hasnt worked there for years. Try contacting the other SZMIT stores on AliExpress.

if that doesn’t work try the BIOS here BIOS-iEngineer - Overview or the HUANANZHI X99-T8 BIOS.

hgsantos2002

Aug 24, 2023
Hello, there have been floods and tornadoes in my area so excuse the delay.

I dont run these boards any more so dont have recent BIOS.

Diego left SZMIT and hasnt worked there for years. Try contacting the other SZMIT stores on AliExpress.

if that doesn’t work try the BIOS here BIOS-iEngineer - Overview or the HUANANZHI X99-T8 BIOS.
Thx! I will try doing this, but not sure it will work because I Have the jingsha X99-8D3 and its DDR3 memory.