Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dukenukemx

Apr 14, 2021
I actually got my money and got to keep the motherboard as well. I'm not using it but I figure I'll try to make S3 sleep work somehow. I got the BIOS that Gamers Nexus did the test on this motherboard and it fixed nothing. Was hoping someone found a solution. What's important is that I tried. I may replace a FX8350 for this but I'm not sure if losing S3 sleep is worth it.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
dumb question, why are these boards so expensive?
And by "expensive" I mean... like $80?

I have a 2630v2 chip and some DDR3 laying around, but that's too much money to pay just for laughs. Are there truly cheap ones out there?

e97

Jun 3, 2015
dumb question, why are these boards so expensive?
And by "expensive" I mean... like $80?

I have a 2630v2 chip and some DDR3 laying around, but that's too much money to pay just for laughs. Are there truly cheap ones out there?
Its a valid question, I think part of it was chip shortage and supply chain. Now its just inflated prices, hard to just buying 10+ year old tech when modern CPU deals can be had for near the same cost and much better single threaded performance and lower power

[Nobody]

Nov 1, 2020
It runs since ~6 month fine with proxmox or truenas scale @UEFI with a Dell H310 and without gpu. I wanted to replace the H310 with a HP H240. With this Card installed it stuck at Post with Code 92. I even deactivated CSM, but nothing. Without a GPU it doesn't even beep anymore. Replacing the H240 with the H310 again everything ist fine again