Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Uh updates.. been running for stable for the past 6+ months no issues.

PCI-E x16 was accomplished, issue came from a NVIDIA being conservative on the driver with X79, they have a tool to switch to PCI-E 3.0.

Haven't been able to test any more GPUs do to the crazy prices and having some compute credits but I got a chance to order some GPUs below MSRP so once there here I can test 4x @ x8.

Overclocking: no idea, my uptime is around 170+ days at 99~100% CPU/GPU usage. If you point me to some soft OC instructions I can try them out and report back but not interested in hw modding, for the moment, my only board.

No opportunity to test SLI - I'm using this for ML. If someone wants to lend / send me a SLI config they want tested and instructions / game they want to verify, I'd be willing to do so. The last game I played was Battletech on Mac and GFX wasn't an issue, gameplay was great!

Water cooling and case design will be done soon.

Have more boards on order for a few friends and co-workers who want similar builds.

edit: Found out you can run the board with 4 DIMMs in all the black slots.. dunno what I was doing wrong before or if it was a BIOS update.

edit^2: You can also turn this into a Hackintosh Pro!

Reactions: Tha_14 and joddlarn

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
If anyone needs these boards, company I work at has them at decent prices (we use them in all our PC builds and have previously sold some on here as well, might have to ask Patrick about that), 25 euro shipping worldwide, 10-20 within EU. Can get some discounts for you guys as well. Just send a PM.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
If anyone needs these boards, company I work at has them at decent prices (we use them in all our PC builds and have previously sold some on here as well, might have to ask Patrick about that), 25 euro shipping worldwide, 10-20 within EU. Can get some discounts for you guys as well. Just send a PM.
Hey Yuri, I might contact you about that since I decided to sell my e5640. Thanks for the quick reply too :)

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
It's a great board, good quality on the parts too. If you need any info let me know.
You have one of these? so it does really support sli/crossfire? that would be good since lenovo s30 and a lot of the xeon WS locked out SLI geforce support and only allow quadro sli.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
You have one of these? so it does really support sli/crossfire? that would be good since lenovo s30 and a lot of the xeon WS locked out SLI geforce support and only allow quadro sli.
Like i've mentioned in this thread before, company i work at sells these and all other boards and yes support crossfire without issues.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Like i've mentioned in this thread before, company i work at sells these and all other boards and yes support crossfire without issues.
Hi, I'd like to ask, if you know what C-States will work on these boards, or power saving features. Thanks.

Reactions: wildpig1234

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
Got this board and it was DOA. Working at returning it and getting a different one.
Hey, are you sure you installed it correctly? These boards need all components to be correctly installed, you can't leave out a gpu, ram slots have to be populated in the way they are designed, not always the same as boards from popular brands.

joddlarn

Jul 14, 2018
Sweden
Hey, are you sure you installed it correctly? These boards need all components to be correctly installed, you can't leave out a gpu, ram slots have to be populated in the way they are designed, not always the same as boards from popular brands.
I also bought this board, but from Aliexpress.
I was planning on populating it with 8x8gb memory (all modules are the same model), a supported CPU and a GPU. Is this correctly planned or do I need to change something?

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
Yes. I have been building computers for over 25 years and am very familiar with troubleshooting. I tried with 1,2 and 4 sticks of ram both ECC and non-ECC. Checked the CPU socket no bent pins, tried 2 CPUs (1 V1, 1 V2). Tried multiple video cards. All known good parts. It doesn't post. It is DOA. Very disappointed in the board and the response from the eBay seller.

Tha_14

Server Newbie
Mar 9, 2017
Yes. I have been building computers for over 25 years and am very familiar with troubleshooting. I tried with 1,2 and 4 sticks of ram both ECC and non-ECC. Checked the CPU socket no bent pins, tried 2 CPUs (1 V1, 1 V2). Tried multiple video cards. All known good parts. It doesn't post. It is DOA. Very disappointed in the board and the response from the eBay seller.
I the seller is from china, never let them make you wait. Lately they have been abusing their power.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
thinking about it, i might have to make sure i order from US sellers too. refund and exchange with chinese sellers would be a lot harder...

Can you post the link for the US seller of this? thanks

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
I understand. I was assuming you had much experience because when we get returns on the motherboards, we always get the message that it is doa and that the person is highly experienced in building computers. 9/10 returns we find actually have no problem but it definitely sucks when you have a board like that. So much for always trying to find the cheapest deal haha ;p

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
I understand. I was assuming you had much experience because when we get returns on the motherboards, we always get the message that it is doa and that the person is highly experienced in building computers. 9/10 returns we find actually have no problem but it definitely sucks when you have a board like that. So much for always trying to find the cheapest deal haha ;p
Worst part these guys want me to shoot a youtube video of it not working. I'm not wasting my time on that. As it was since it came with zero documentation I had to dig around to find the front panel IO to know which was for the power/reset, luckily that is somewhat standard across those boards.