Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I just picked up a E5-2643 v1 for cheap, well $20.00 is cheap for a 4 core cpu with hyper-threading with a base clock of 3.3 GH/z, to use to build a cheap gaming computer for one of my kids.

So that means I need a cheap motherboard and have been looking at these for a while.

Some are pretty cool, some are pretty odd. One is listed as using a H61 chipset, socket 2011 with a H61!!?? strange beast.

Some are only dual channel, some are 4.

So I still need to decide.

Some info here Products-Motherboard LGA2011-Shenzhen Xinlizhi technology co., LTD

This one looks sweet! Gigabyte might not like it tho.:D

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
if you can find where that particular board on sale, let us know. i haven't been able to find it. but it looks like those cheap x79 chinese boards are getting better fast. nice to have that main ram slots which was the weak point of earlier boards. this particular one is quad channels with dual slots for each channel so you could probably do 128gb. i don't know it will truly support quad sli but its good to have 4 pcie x16 and hope that they are actually at least 4 8x...

Another thing, seems like a lot of these don't support proper s3 suspend sleep function. they only seem to have s1

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Last time I checked these chinese "X79" Boards actually had a C602 chipset instead. All of them, despite being advertised as X79.
So no CPU overclocking, no matter which CPU you put in.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
if you can find where that particular board on sale, let us know. i haven't been able to find it. but it looks like those cheap x79 chinese boards are getting better fast. nice to have that main ram slots which was the weak point of earlier boards. this particular one is quad channels with dual slots for each channel so you could probably do 128gb. i don't know it will truly support quad sli but its good to have 4 pcie x16 and hope that they are actually at least 4 8x...

Another thing, seems like a lot of these don't support proper s3 suspend sleep function. they only seem to have s1

It's listed on Alibaba but I have never bought anything there.

I could care less about suspend, all my pc's are running and doing things all the time and never need to go to sleep.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Last time I checked these chinese "X79" Boards actually had a C602 chipset instead. All of them, despite being advertised as X79.

Not going to overclock with the E5-2643 cpu I have, just wanting something cheap but decent quality.

BlackArchon

Jun 23, 2016
The C602 chipsets are also capable of overclocking. I have an Asrock Rack EPC602D8A (product page: ASRock Rack > EPC602D8A) and the BIOS has overclocking options for the CPU multiplier and several voltage settings. My Xeon E5-1680 v2 and my i7-4820K can be overclocked with this board, the only issue is that I can't get the CPU to ignore its TDP limit, and the memory can't run faster than DDR3-1866. With an X79 chipset there aren't these issues.

PCBONEZ

Nov 1, 2017
It's listed on Alibaba but I have never bought anything there.
I have for 'dumb' electronic components. Things like connector housings and pins.
I get active components elsewhere because I don't trust Alibaba THAT much.
There ARE many legit sellers there but also fraud is rampant.

They counterfeit electronics parts (caps, IC chips, cards and so-on) just like they do designer clothes and if not very careful Alibaba is a good place to end up with faked electronics.
I haven't heard of one recently, but even fake/knock-off chipsets aren't unheard of.

There are few (or no effective) ebay-like protections built in at Alibaba.
Don't expect a claimed warranty to be honored or enforceable. (Might honor it. Might not)
Ask the seller a question first - just to see if they are responsive. (And speak your language.)
Use a CC with an easy to use claim process.
Expect most shipping times to be long. (Sometimes months.)
Keep in mind that shipping out is cheap for them, but return shipping may not be.
Additionally tracking to prove returns isn't always possible because some areas don't have a mechanism in place to do so.
For something like a mobo I would look for something comparable on ebay or amazon before using Alibaba.
If Alibaba was the only place (short of a recommendation for a specific seller from someone I know), I'd skip it entirely.

Last edited:

cn9amt100up

Feb 11, 2015

Search '華南金牌X79', which is hua nan in chinese, you may find some @TaoBao

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I have for 'dumb' electronic components. Things like connector housings and pins.
I get active components elsewhere because I don't trust Alibaba THAT much.
There ARE many legit sellers there but also fraud is rampant.

They counterfeit electronics parts (caps, IC chips, cards and so-on) just like they do designer clothes and if not very careful Alibaba is a good place to end up with faked electronics.
I haven't heard of one recently, but even fake/knock-off chipsets aren't unheard of.

There are few (or no effective) ebay-like protections built in at Alibaba.
Don't expect a claimed warranty to be honored or enforceable. (Might honor it. Might not)
Ask the seller a question first - just to see if they are responsive. (And speak your language.)
Use a CC with an easy to use claim process.
Expect most shipping times to be long. (Sometimes months.)
Keep in mind that shipping out is cheap for them, but return shipping may not be.
Additionally tracking to prove returns isn't always possible because some areas don't have a mechanism in place to do so.
For something like a mobo I would look for something comparable on ebay or amazon before using Alibaba.
If Alibaba was the only place (short of a recommendation for a specific seller from someone I know), I'd skip it entirely.

I am not planning to buy anything off Alibaba anytime soon, I was just answering an availability question.

I'll probably buy one off Ebay when I decide on the one I want.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I do not need a ton of features, all I need on a motherboard is this:

Two sticks of ram, for two 8 gig sticks.
Two Sata ports, for one 240 gb ssd and one 1 tb WD black hard drive.
One pcie x16 slot, only going to use one GPU.
Onboard sound of decent quality, or a PCI slot for an older but great sound card I already have.
No bigger than ATX.

Only thing I need to get is a cpu cooler and motherboard, I have everything else.

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Going to give this a bump here. Having purchased the following hardware:
- Intel Xeon E5-2680v2
- Noctua NH-U14S
- beQuiet! Straight Power CM10 700W Modular
- 32GB Samsung RECC DDR3 RAM (4x8)
- Gainward GTX 1080
- Huanan Deluxe X79

Some might wonder why I have picked a mainboard like the Huanan. Answer is simple - X79 boards are expensive as hell. I had purchased a used GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3, however it was broken straight from the beginning.

Therefore my choices were limited and since I am an A4 AliExpress member I went for the Huanan. Cost me (DHL Express) around 160€ ($190).

According to DHL Express it is going to make its way by tomorrow to Germany.

Definitely going to keep you guys updated about how well it will perform and especially how well it can be overclocked. The goal I have set myself are 105 base, memory overclocking excluded.

From what I have read what the AliExpress buyers wrote (mainly Russians), the board is pretty solid. Yet I am concerned that the audio quality will be worse than a low end mobo.

Gesendet von meinem PRO 5 mit Tapatalk

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Going to give this a bump here. Having purchased the following hardware:
- Intel Xeon E5-2680v2
- Noctua NH-U14S
- beQuiet! Straight Power CM10 700W Modular
- 32GB Samsung RECC DDR3 RAM (4x8)
- Gainward GTX 1080
- Huanan Deluxe X79

Some might wonder why I have picked a mainboard like the Huanan. Answer is simple - X79 boards are expensive as hell. I had purchased a used GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3, however it was broken straight from the beginning.

Therefore my choices were limited and since I am an A4 AliExpress member I went for the Huanan. Cost me (DHL Express) around 160€ ($190).

According to DHL Express it is going to make its way by tomorrow to Germany.

Definitely going to keep you guys updated about how well it will perform and especially how well it can be overclocked. The goal I have set myself are 105 base, memory overclocking excluded.

From what I have read what the AliExpress buyers wrote (mainly Russians), the board is pretty solid. Yet I am concerned that the audio quality will be worse than a low end mobo.

You can get a REALLY decent pci or pci-e sound card for under $50.00

Reactions: AMEXEU

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I got one of those cheap x79 board also for $120.. audio quality was decent... no noise heard at silence on high vol...

Huanan x79 is overpriced. I understand it has 3 full size pci e but no guarantee it can do triple sli.. I still havent heard much about overclock with these boards but I think its onoy possible with unlocked e5-1xxx and not e5-2xxx.... if so, the fact that I just got a lenovo s30 (which obviously comes with the case and a 600w decebt quality psu since these are solid ws class) as well as one e5-1602 v2 cpu 16gb ram and 256gb hdd and nvidia k2000 ... all for $225 shipped makes a lot more sense than spending $180 on this huanan x79 board... unless you got it fro somewhere else alot cheaper...

Check out ebay price on barebone lenovo s30.... s30 mb are alsso pretty much like oem board with standard plugs not like dell or hp ws

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Tbh a Lenovo S30 mainboard is way more expensive here. I really went for the cheapest option I could pick.

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
forgot yr in eu....check this out.... maybe you can msg seller and work out something ...

lenovo s30 v2 | eBay
Your link redirected me to the eBay homepage [emoji85]

Nonetheless, I got 1y warranty by Allianz. AliExpress is quite reliable anyways.

Update:
Board passed the customs.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016

Nonetheless, I got 1y warranty by Allianz. AliExpress is quite reliable anyways.

Update:

Hmm no idea why link didnt work...its supposed to take you to worldwide search of lenovo s30...

The s30 mb is better than the chinese ones as it had 8 ram slots instead of 4... also full acpi s3 sleep support. ..

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016

Update:

Is it too late for you to change your mind?

lenovo s30 v2 | eBay

that's the ebay search for shipping to Germany. on top of that search is the Lenovo s30 MB with I/o shield for $184 shipped to Germany! should really consider getting it and selling off the huanan x79

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Socrates 2.0 boards from the S30 support V2 chips but they are the one that have non-standard front panel IO.
what does that mean? so you can't connect a regular on off switch? you got a link to Lenovo documentation on this? thanks.