Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

Discussion in 'Hard Drives and Solid State Drives' started by Biren78, May 3, 2017.

1. _fr3ak_

_fr3ak_ New Member

I'm also interested in getting two of these!

2. SKFish

SKFish New Member

@Geran, I would love to take at least two off your hands if you still have them available.

3. abq

abq Active Member

I'll take a few too, if you take pre orders :)

4. Geran

Geran Member

I'll message both of you tonight to let you know how many I have left and a price for each shipped.

You've both been messaged.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  5. mlatin

mlatin New Member

Does anyone perchance know what site/vendor these had been available from? I'm not seeing anyone with them on eBay, and AliExpress doesn't appear to have these specific adapters- everything else I've seen appears to be slightly taller than the ones discussed here.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm looking for 4-10 of these, depending on the pricing. Thanks!

6. BlueFox

BlueFox Active Member

They were being sold through a forum member here who had a relationship with a Chinese manufacturer. Check some of the earlier posts. Unfortunately not readily available for purchase at the moment so far as I'm aware.

7. mlatin

mlatin New Member

Yeah, I've searched to no avail through the posts here. I've PM'd @larryexchange, so hopefully he will pop around and maybe get back to me (and the thread) with info.

Thanks!

8. larryexchange

larryexchange Member

I just got the latest version from manufacturer. Now this version can perfectly support my C6220 II. Check it out! (The bottom one in the first picture.)
    IMG_1463 (Medium).JPG IMG_1472 (Medium).JPG IMG_1473 (Medium).JPG IMG_1474 (Medium).JPG IMG_1475 (Medium).JPG

9. abq

abq Active Member

10. larryexchange

larryexchange Member

[/QUOTE]

It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.

11. Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.[/QUOTE]

I have plenty of people in China than can take delivery or pay etc for for me as well, I will be in China again early May but not sure when after that, I am actually not in USA but have options for delivery there as well.

12. laserpaddy

laserpaddy Member

I would be interested as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. abq

abq Active Member

Please let me know when you are ready, and thanks again for sharing great deal and your help.
    I have plenty of people in China than can take delivery or pay etc for for me as well, I will be in China again early May but not sure when after that, I am actually not in USA but have options for delivery there as well.[/QUOTE]

14. mlatin

mlatin New Member

The newer boards I am definitely interested in. Looks good for better clearance on some SuperMicro boards and also more variety to the M.2 length.

15. bateau

bateau Member

Anyone tried the latest JEYI MX16-1U (see aliexpress) cards yet? Looks like they would fit: 32mm high. Their predecessors (40mm high) did not, as I found out the hard way.

mlatin likes this.
  16. larryexchange

larryexchange Member

It's not ready for order yet. I expect it will be available in China local market around end of this month or early of next month. I will travel to US at the end of May. I could bring some with me if it's ready at that time.[/QUOTE]

I will bring limited number of the 1U M.2 riser with me. If anybody have interests, here is link.
    Holchips M.2 Adapter PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1U Riser PCI Express Carrier board v3 | eBay

I will ship after 5/20.

Evan, Marsh and Geran like this.
  17. frogtech

frogtech Active Member

Will they be manufacturing anymore?

18. nev_neo

nev_neo Member

Do you have any more of these ? I just discovered this thread and it would fit perfectly for my requirement - slog/zil for a freenas deployment.

19. Patrick

Patrick Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey @larryexchange happen to have any more of these? I could use a few for an article we are working on.

20. abq

abq Active Member

Hello @larryexchange, I would really like a few too. I very much appreciate you sharing these great deals. Can we send payment via Paypal, if any available?