Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

larryexchange

Dec 27, 2016
Does it have a place to attach it to the slot cover to ensure you can screw it down to mak sure the card does not come out ?
Good point! I will check with the manufacturer and see if it's possible. I hope we could at least fasten one screw of bracket. In that way people could use it as standard HHHL adapter.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Yes 1 screw is enough , just something to stop it moving out with vibration or whatever, It's probably not too likley but you never know when somebody will mount a board inverted or whatever :) I would say hardly a show stopper but nice to have an option if possible.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
I picked up the last 2. Would have done 8 if they were available. I guess I was late to the party. Thanks for the work on it.

larryexchange

Dec 27, 2016
Thanks, guys! I will ship the carrier boards out in the week of 10/8. Meanwhile I am checking with the vendor and see if it's possible to order more. Stay tuned!

larryexchange

Dec 27, 2016
I picked up the last 2. Would have done 8 if they were available. I guess I was late to the party. Thanks for the work on it.
Are you planning to use them in C6220? I tested the new customized board on C6220 II. It doesn't work very well. The bracket highlighted in the picture below requires the height < 1U. If you compared the old version and new version of the board, you could see old version can fit in C6220 but some part of new version would be covered by that bracket.
152621taqiuasqjj1ojsvc.jpg

Meanwhile there is no such problem on normal 1U server or mini 1U server like SuperMicro SYS-E300-8D/SYS-E200-8D.

larryexchange

Dec 27, 2016
So no way to get it shipped to Europe? Did you manage to check if the SMBus pins are connected? Thanks!
Sorry, I only ship to US Address. You may leverage 3rd-party transport service and redirect from a US address to your address. I know some folks used that service when they ordered UBNT 10Gb beta switch.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
ebay sellers from China selling with cheap shipping are using ePacket, which is a bulk shipping agreement between China / Ebay / USPS. In effect if you are using this program, the cost to ship small packages like this China -> US (with tracking) is lower than shipping the same thing via USPS within the same zip code (without tracking).