Change to 2011-3 platform is it really worth it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Is it 32gb for the entire system, or 32gb per CPU socket?
I think you should have at least 32gb per CPU or 64gb total.
LGA2011 works best in QUAD memory channel. ( i.e. 4x 8gb or 4 x 16gb per CPU)

Reactions: T_Minus

RageBone

Jul 11, 2017
To be fair, i like Supermicro more then Asus.
The Non standard mounting is especially noteworthy when you have fixed standoffs that you can't remove without tools and force, since you can't simply have it not populated.

The most obvious non standard hole is the one top left above the IO.
Around the PCH is also where SM likes to differ strongly which sometimes causes weird problems when you forget a standoff behind there.
Happened to me a few times.

Rom4nz0 Crim1nal3

Nov 26, 2019
Is it 32gb for the entire system, or 32gb per CPU socket?
I think you should have at least 32gb per CPU or 64gb total.
LGA2011 works best in QUAD memory channel. ( i.e. 4x 8gb or 4 x 16gb per CPU)
Both sets have 32 gb.Surely more ram is needed i can get another pair 32gb in total.
Found them in ebay and they cost about 850 usd i dont know i think they are a bit overpriced.

To be fair, i like Supermicro more then Asus.
The Non standard mounting is especially noteworthy when you have fixed standoffs that you can't remove without tools and force, since you can't simply have it not populated.

The most obvious non standard hole is the one top left above the IO.
Around the PCH is also where SM likes to differ strongly which sometimes causes weird problems when you forget a standoff behind there.
Happened to me a few times.
Fortunately the case i have available has no fixed standoffs.The question is will it be securely mounted as it is.It is a bit of a dissapointment though cause i was aiming for that board

Rom4nz0 Crim1nal3

Nov 26, 2019
Unfortunately no i'm not located in the US i'm located in Europe so it's about 750 to 779 eur.
Truth is that US sellers do offer competitive prices but import taxes are sky high.Tried that once...got burnt.