ceph backfill problem

Discussion in 'Linux Admins, Storage and Virtualization' started by alllen0987, Sep 20, 2018.

1. alllen0987

alllen0987 New Member

Hi there,

Has anyone experienced below?
    2 of OSD server was down, after bring up 2 of servers, I brought 52 OSD's in with just weight of 0.05, but it causing huge backfilling load, I saw so many blocked requests and a number of pg stuck inactive. some of servers was impact. so I stopped backfilling by mark nobackfill flag. everything back to normal.
    But the most strange thing happens after 2 hours, the backfilling suddenly start again despite of nobackfill flag marked and causing so many blocked requests then we have to reweight 52 OSD's to 0 to stabilize storage.

Not sure why backfill start again. Anyone has any idea about that please comments.

Thanks so much.
    Allen