Celestica Redstone D2060 - No OS, just goes into UEFI?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

EagleS789

Sep 28, 2021
I'll tell you my experience with this switch :)

I write to mSATA ONIE and was able to install NOS: Cumulus Linux and Open Net Linux
ONL installed, but in fact, what to do with it I don’t understand
Cumulus Linux is a good solution right away - but I don't have a license for it. Perhaps there is some option for personal use?

Servergeek

Feb 23, 2021
How do you get cumulus to even try it? I think thats what this switch had on it before but I'm not sure. The only other thing I can think of is trying to port something else like SoNIC or OpenSwitch but not too sure how involved that would be. They already support Dell switches that are the same chipset and physically similar to the Redstone XP. (Dell s4048)

At this point I'm just thinking of selling it then trying to get a Nexus or Procurve or Juniper 10g switch.

Last edited:

EagleS789

Sep 28, 2021
How do you get cumulus to even try it? I think thats what this switch had on it before but I'm not sure. The only other thing I can think of is trying to port something else like SoNIC or OpenSwitch but not too sure how involved that would be. They already support Dell switches that are the same chipset and physically similar to the Redstone XP. (Dell s4048)

At this point I'm just thinking of selling it then trying to get a Nexus or Procurve or Juniper 10g switch.
Im searched several days for Cumulus Linux with broadcom support! Very difficult, but im finded last suppported version

But if you want start using Cumulus Linux on your switch, you need licence key
Without that key its just heating fan :)

In current situation if you have no licence key - more preferable for you its selling and change for something