cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
Good amount of interest, but not all are spoken for yet. Pretty much everyone that has PM'd/posted has asked for a shipping quote... boxes arrived, so will try to start answering tonight.:)

Reactions: wiretap

gmitch64

Jan 21, 2017
Resurrecting an old thread, but I don't see any other threads on this Mobo here. I've finally built my machine with the mobo from this deal (yes, it's taken a while), and I've been doing the firmware updates. I was looking at the BMC firmware and the latest version of the download from GigaByte has 2 options - 4.88 and 8.88.

Looking at the batch files to install them, the 4.88 needs a parameter of 128, and the 8.88 needs a parameter of 256, which I'm guessing is the size of the flash(?). I've looked through the BIOS and the IPMI, and I can't work out which version I should install.

I've installed 4.88, and it's working, but I don't know if I really should be using 8.88 - which version are other folks using?

I was hoping that 4.88 (or 8.88) would upgrade the KVM to allow HTML5, but I don't think that it does - or is there something I'm missing here too? I've had to install an older version of JRE in order to get the remote console running, but I'd love to get HTML5 running, like I have on my Dell servers in my lab. Is it even possible?

Thanks.

G