cdw dual 2011-3 mobo

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I keep getting "Order Status" e-mail subject but the content of the e-mail is re-targeting ads for products I viewed...

Did anyone get a cancel e-mail or tracking or actual status?

scobar

Nov 24, 2013
I saw this when it was fresh but decided I needed to enact some self control.
If you have v3 xeons, mod that bios. I have an x99 and SM x10 board running a e5-2697v3 with 35x all core turbo :)
With 2p, you won't get to run both chips at the same multi, for example if I had a 2p, 1 chip would do 35x and the other 34x, either way, that's a nice shot in the arm :)

More info: What controls Turbo Core in Xeons?

W.Feather

Sep 25, 2013
I keep getting "Order Status" e-mail subject but the content of the e-mail is re-targeting ads for products I viewed...

Did anyone get a cancel e-mail or tracking or actual status?
I ordered a few hours after the OP .... I received an order confirmed email. Called CDW and was told its on back order but my order will be fulfilled (This was when it allowed orders online, and only had Call for Pricing). Was told to call back this week to check for updated shipping time line.

Nizmo

Jan 24, 2018
My only grip on this board is seems 16 x 8GB UDIMMs wont post.

8 X 8GB RDIMMs and UDIMMS work fine.

And update the BIOS!

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
Just got in touch with the Sales Contact Center and they told me that these will not ship as they have been "discontinued" and canceled my order.

W.Feather

Sep 25, 2013
Just got in touch with the Sales Contact Center and they told me that these will not ship as they have been "discontinued" and canceled my order.
Ill have to call and check tomorrow. Order status for me is "preparing to ship".

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
i believe is around the time i posted here @ Friday at 1:09 PM. might be right after your orders :), I was checking the status yesterday and it says something like my CDW account manager was away. And this morning receive an email from my CDW account manager that my order is cancelled due to discontinued product.

W.Feather

Sep 25, 2013
Yup got a order cancellation a little bit ago. Discontinued Project. I ordered approx 11AM EST Friday.

W.Feather

Sep 25, 2013
For what its worth, Gigabyte lists their old boards (My old 7PESH-1 is still listed...), I am unable to find the MD70-HB1 on other retailers, so no idea if its in production or not...

workingnonstop

Feb 24, 2016
I am seemingly the guy that cleaned them out. They were intended for a project that is now officially kaput. I am happy to pass along the deal to remaining interested parties in this thread at my cost + PP/shipping/handling costs. I will need to buy some boxes to ship these in as the CDW boxes are huge unless you're wanting 3-4.

Let me know if any of you canceled-order folks are interested... still should be a pretty good value, I think, as I listed/sold one on ebay pretty quickly this week for $290. Apologies that it will be more than the original listing -- trying to be a good actor to this community without directly hitting my wallet.

I know this isn't the FS section but seemed easiest & most relevant here, plus looking to pass along the deal to those of you that saw it and not necessarily everyone on the internet. If I don't clear them out here in the next day or so, I'll move everything over to ebay. :)