Case for Supermicro X9DRi -LN4F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Agremlin

May 3, 2020
I just bought a Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F dual socket E-ATX/EE-ATX? motherboard.

I have an Phanteks enthoo primo case (and EVGA DG87 -7 holes required, and dark base 900-not really big enough) but will have to drill 3 holes along top of board to fit mounts. Id rather not do this as modified a case previously to fit an ASRock Rack EPC602 and botched the holes slightly -managed to fix with bigger holes and bits of metal thankfully. Very tricky to get hole locations exactly right.

Anyway, what i wanted to ask was does anyone know of a tower type case (dont want server rack type) that is big enough and has holes to suit a supermicro X9DRi board?

I note in a similar question here: https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...r-supermicro-x9dr3-f-motherboard.28096/unread

The recommendation is a phanteks enthoo pro -looking at supported mb sizes for primo and pro they are same in the phanteks website -or does the enthoo pro offer extra holes to fit?

Last edited:

Agremlin

May 3, 2020
Thats a really nice looking case, had a R6 previously and was a pleasure to work with. Spec sheet says EEATX support, certainly will fit but will need to drill at least one hole? (top left of MB), have you (or has anyone else) installed a Supermicro X9DRi or equivalent supermicro EEATX in the a Fractal Design Define 7 XL case?