Can't get PCIE-5 slot to work on Asrock Rack EP2C621D16-4L

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sbstockmeup

Aug 12, 2020
Hello, I have a "rather void of any information system" Asrock 4U36L2S-C621 - with a EP2C621D16-4L motherboard. I'm also in contact with Asrock support but I would really like to rack this server. I have a Intel Xeon Silver 4214, in it with 128GB of ram, two HBA cards and was expecting to use PCIE-5 slot for a 10Gig nic. However, I can't not get that dang thing detected :(

The only info I have is the spec page of the case:
mobo spec page.png
In the BIOS i've tried all the settings below 2nd picture. I've even tried switching all pcie width to x8x8. But just coming up short here. I haven't seen any reference to PCIE-5 slot or anything within the BIOS as well.

mobo bios.png

Asrock did let me know that the "EP2C621D16-4LP" is different bios etc. So I've referenced some stuff from it but some stuff is missing in my BIOS/Board layout for sure. They are working to get the website updated with any more info.

Hoping anyone has some knowledge or ideas of where I should be looking to active this slot.

Thank you!

sbstockmeup

Aug 12, 2020
Ya, PCIE4 and PCIE6 work fine. Pcie 1-3 are for 2nd cpu.

My 2xHBA and 10Gigabit nic work in pcie 4 and 6 no issue. Tried setting them all to 8x8x and 8x4x4, x4x4x8 etc. Just seems so weird or it’s a bios issue.

The pcie5 does power up the devices just no data communication for it.