Can't enable TLS on napp-it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

stevyd

Feb 7, 2015
Hi All,

New to: The forum, OmniOS, ZFS, napp-it, vSphere (it's been a busy few days :) )

I'm struggling to get TLS emails enabled through the napp-it web interface. I ran through the various guides to get all the TLS modules installed via CPAN and when I run the TLS-test it completes and I receive an email from the gmail account it's set to send from.

So great TLS is working!

Unfortunately though when I go to enable TLS email (Jobs > TLS Email > enable TLS email) I just get the message in the green/grey bar "TLS (not supported, needed for Googlemail)". When I run (Jobs > Email > smtp test) the test fails.

Am I missing anything obvious here?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Hi All,

Unfortunately though when I go to enable TLS email (Jobs > TLS Email > enable TLS email) I just get the message in the green/grey bar "TLS (not supported, needed for Googlemail)". When I run (Jobs > Email > smtp test) the test fails.
This message is displayed to inform you that TLS is not part of napp-it but must be installed seperatly. I give only hints about a suggested setup within your OS. This can be different on your OS (Solaris, OI, OmniOS) or OS release.

So do not care about that message.
My suggested setup for current OmniOS can be found at napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana, Solaris and Linux : OmniOS

stevyd

Feb 7, 2015
Thanks gea.

I misunderstood the warning - thought it was signifying if TLS was supported on my install not just in general.

Does (Email > smtp test) not utilise TLS even if it's enabled?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
TLS email test is in menu
Jobs >> TLS Email >> TLS-test