CANADA - WD Element 10TB HE? SMR?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Haven’t tried, can you go to 12TB ? Seems they are HC520’s recently when shucked.
vey hit and miss these days, at least don’t count on it being helium at 10tb as they have started shipping non helium 10tb for sure.

D

Deleted member 30475

Little info about those. There exist an alternative WD 8TB My Book, USB 3.0 - WDBBGB0080HBK-NESN. I have two of them.
These 8TBs are HGST, UltraStar DC HC510 (formerly UltraStar He10), Model# US7SAL080, PMR, Hellium filled, Enterprise class drives. Although people say they are 5400RPM, if you shuck them they run at 7200RPM. Your local Costco sells these 8TBs for CAD $174.95, and offers no hassle return/exchange policy in case you don't like them. Just saying.

Snorf

Nov 12, 2018
BC, Canada
Hey thanks for the heads up! Exactly what I was looking for. I suspected that the 10TB could be not what I hoped so I thought I would ask and I am glad I did.

I think there is a trip to Costco in my future, just need to time it right so nobody is there. :)

Snorf