Can´t get Email sendmail notification work on napp-it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dasc

May 10, 2012
Hello forum,
I am really new on Openindiana and napp-it and have now a problem to get the e-mail (smtp) notification work on the appliance.
I have installed a fresh new OpenIndiana Build 151a Server CD 64-bit x86, 491M (text based version) and napp-it appliance v. 0.8h nightly May.03.2012

After the installation i upgrade the Solaris system to the latest version 151a4 and manually installed the package
"pkg install service/fault-management/smtp-notify" and configure the smtp options in napp-it.
Everything seems to work OK but not the e-mail smtp notification function.

Do i need to do something special in Openindiana to get the sendmail to work with napp-it?
Maybe i have missed to installed some package because of the minimal openindiana installation?

/dasc

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
napp-it uses a perl module to send email.
This module will not work with mailservers that allow only encrypted connections like Gmail
unless you manually install the needed perl modules and use the job email-TLS menus.

(This is not supported by default. Other option is you use another mailserver/ maillist/ mailforwarder)