Can MPIO be achieved on JBOD with 9305-8e?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

elchimore

Jul 25, 2016
Ok, this particular error is new to me. But a few questions to narrow down the issue. How do you access the shared storage? Via c:\ClusterStorage? Can you move the CSV from One host to the other Host? Are there some Local ISO files in the virtual DVD-Rom?
Any other errors in the logs? Tried to move the VM Storage via the Cluster Manager to another folder? How are the access Rights?
Micha

Radian

Mar 1, 2011
Correct C:\ClusterStorage. I have several VM's running, some on Volume2 (iSCSI) and some on Volume3 (Cluster Pool - SAS JBOD). I've had issues previously with the local resources, so I've checked for those, no DVD image attached.

I just tried a new VM that was stored on iSCSI volume, added it to the cluster and was able to failover between hosts, no problem. Now I'm busy moving the VM storage to the Cluster Pool disk and going to test again. It may be permissions as you first suggested...I'm hoping the move will keep the correct permissions?

FYI, I do have one host as W2K16TP5 but given the failover works on iSCSI, it can't be a compatibility issue.

Radian

Mar 1, 2011
Well that's interesting, I have success on failover when using a newly created VM. I guess I will try to resolve the permission issue or recreate the VMs!

Thanks for the help elchimore :)

Reactions: vanfawx