calling aeon docker expert

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Been playing around with docker all weekend and interested in getting docker swarm and portainer up to managed all my docker mining instance.

Found many good info on the net on setting up swarm and services, but I seems to have problem deploying aeon docker instance as service, also cannot figure out how to pin it to specific host.

Another question I have is how to install portainer in the Leader node to manage everything.

If anyone be kind enough to write how to that would be super awesome :)

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
Azev,

This is a learning experience for me as well. To get the portainer up and running I choose one of my docker nodes and ran the command below as documented on the portainer.io website Deployment — Portainer 1.15.5 documentation

docker run -d -p 9000:9000 --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /opt/portainer:/data portainer/portainer

Then going to a web browser ran http://portainer_host_ip:9000 got prompted with some questions about whether I wanted to manage a local images or remote. Since I was testing I choose my local docker nodes. Created my admin password and then the Portainer management page opens.

upload_2018-1-15_21-13-28.png
Since I don't have a docker swarm, that part will have to be derived from reading. Although, I might play with docker swarm to deploy multiple Cassandra nodes for my next learning project.

Reactions: azev

azev

Jan 18, 2013
Jim, I've had no problem deploying portainer in a docker host, very similar to what you did.
What I'd like to be able to do is have one docker host vm managing all the miner host running ubuntu/docker.
I think it would be super nice to have a gui front end with status of all your mining containers :)

Another cool idea is to be able to have single panel of glass to see all the miner node h/s.

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
I think you would need to have each docker container publish a port for the Portainer web gui to pick up. As for a rollup of the miner node h/s there is the script I create that handles per server. To aggregate it is doable, have to think about that and how to integrate that with Portainer, sure it is doable as well

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Jim, I've had no problem deploying portainer in a docker host, very similar to what you did.
What I'd like to be able to do is have one docker host vm managing all the miner host running ubuntu/docker.
I think it would be super nice to have a gui front end with status of all your mining containers :)

Another cool idea is to be able to have single panel of glass to see all the miner node h/s.
I'm about to start tackling this issue now that I finally got some other stuff figured out.

As far as the single pane idea there is this guy:

GitHub - xmrig/xmrig-proxy: Monero (XMR) Stratum protocol proxy

Reactions: azev

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@azev - if you simply setup docker swarm you will be able to manage all nodes from that Portainer instance. You can define services (mining) on each node and see logs, utilization and etc.