Cable Unplugged issue with 10Gb RJ45 QLE3242

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
My brand new sealed Qlogic QLE3242 RJ45 10Gb adapter is giving me problems.
I have netgear xsm7224 and and connect this to the last 4 port on the switch.
For some odd reason my connection would drop randomly, and the only way to get the connection back up is to plug the cable to other 1gb switches, and then connected it back to the 10gb port.

I tried updating drives to the latest as well as the switch firmware with no luck.
My house do have some structured cabling that was poorly done unfortunately by the previous owner, but I would think that if the cable is bad that it wouldn't link up at all like the other drop I have in my room.
Using the cable test utilities on the switch it says the length of the cable is about 15M which is fairly short.
The patch cord are all cat6 patch.

Just wondering if any of you guys have had similar issue with 10Gb copper Rj45 connection and what did you do to resolve the problem ?

Thanks

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I am not sure if the cables has cat6 shielding or not, these are cat6 patch cord I got from monoprice.
Anyway, I figure if the cables is not good enough I would think that I will not get any link at all.
For some reason I got a link, but its going down at random time, and the only time to get the link back up is to connect it to another 1gb switch and then plug it back to the 10gb port.