C6100 xs23-ty3 Node workstation (pinouts etc)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
The PSU would need to plug in to a power distribution board even if it is for the older C6100s. It would be interesting what that may look like and if that would be easier to use than the one in the steadily srinking stock of newer C6100s.

That PSU is for the older LGA771 C6100.

Also it's not standard ATX, sure it's cheap and there's plenty of those, but why bother?

With power board you mean which one? The backplane which the C6100 nodes connect to?
The one the PSU would connect to in the older C6100s. It would be interesting what that may look like and if that would be easier to use than the one in the steadily srinking stock of newer C6100s.

The advantage would presumabily be more 12v lanes, small form factor allowing for a smaller case and no step-up to convert 5v to 12v to satisfy the motherboards demands.

Also, do you have a basic wiring diagram of your setup above, pref with connector part numbers ?. That would be great for anyone looking to put this together for themselves. Personally, finding the plug / socket connectors is probably the most difficult.

Thanks
RB

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
Thanks for your reply, but your pictures on post #36 and #37 are not visible. can you upload them to somewhere else or check the links.
Yeah, sorry my fileserver was down due hw chances and thus my www VM's were down too. They should be up by now.

About diagram... I'll try get one done "soon", holiday season is just bit hectic for me right now. Gladly tomorrow is last day at work before week of vacation :D

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Yeah, sorry my fileserver was down due hw chances and thus my www VM's were down too. They should be up by now.

About diagram... I'll try get one done "soon", holiday season is just bit hectic for me right now. Gladly tomorrow is last day at work before week of vacation :D
Thanks for all your time and effor on this, I am sure it is being appreciated by many people out there :).

khvahik

May 23, 2013
Thanks, they are visible now.

By the way, MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR
enjoy your HOLIDAYS.

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
would you please post pin-out diagram for attaching a standard PSU to C6100.
Hopefully this helps:

The DC-DC booster I used can be found with search words "LM2577 step-up" on ebay. Yes you need multimeter for this as you need to check the Vout output so you don't burn your motherboard as the Vout ranges up to 35V! Vout is set with the variable resistor.

Remember to check out my C6100 workstation build here:
http://forums.servethehome.com/main-workstation-builds/2900-my-lian-li-a06-c6100-build.html

Last edited:

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Worth noting that the newer boards come with the 18 pin Molex microfit power connectors and not the 12 pin.

Part number is Molex microfit (3mm) 43025-1800 I believe.

Here is one of the Taobao ATX connector sets. Note it is for the 12pin boards and the loopback wire is to turn on the PSU... permanently. With this type of setup you need to use the PSU power switch to turn it off.

@s0lid.

Do you have the part number for the 2mm and 3mm molex pins for the connectors and possibly a cheap crimping tool. Most of the hand crimpers I have seen are over US$200.

Cheers
RB

s0lid

Feb 25, 2013
Tampere, Finland
You mean minifit and microfit connectors? Yeah, you can find them pretty cheap on ebay too.
Minifit:
Male: 46012-3142
Female: 45750-3112
Microfit:
Male: 43031-0007
Female: 043030-0007

MDPC got pretty cheap minifit crimp tool (40EUR incl. VAT) and I think most of the modders use it. Haven't found cheap microfit tool yet.

RimBlock

Sep 18, 2011
Singapore
Thanks.

A local supplier does all the parts but the microfit pins come in bags of 25,000 which may be a little more than i need :).

Don't suppose you have a part number for the 6-pin fan headers ;)

RB

khvahik

May 23, 2013

Triggerhappy

Nov 18, 2012
S0lid (or anyone that did a Standby circuit):

Did you ever try to get S3 working on this thing? I got the standby functionality working similarly with a 5V -> 12V circuit on the Standby line, but this was with the objective of being able to put the system into a sleep state. Problem is that only S1 looks to be available and when putting the system into an S1 state, the PS_ON line stays grounded and therefore the power supply (and all the associated fans and stuff stays on).

gizmo15

Jan 9, 2014
Hello,

I use the adaptator atx -> 18 pins and i haven't a complete boot, he stop on post code 63 but i don't anything about this accept about hard drive, but i have one connected.

anybody have an idea?

thanks

Jan-79

May 1, 2020
Большое спасибо за интересную тему. Благодаря ей я также запустил узел 6100 вне сервера. (Извиняюсь за ошибки. Текст был переведен через гугл переводчик с русского)

1SjSLRod4sE.jpgiMn8QYGZIUU.jpg

Last edited: