c6100 sata doms or embedded hypervisor

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

chaptech

Sep 4, 2016
Hey All,

We have a few C6100s and getting to the boot disk for storage servers. I have seen a few threads on people drawing power from the usb header behind the sata ports. Also in the specs of the C6100 it references embedded hypervisor ( optional ) .. what exactly is there? is it a part ? can it be ordered etc? Also with the usb power for sata doms is there a part that can be ordered ? I don't really want go soldering and mucking around.

cheers

chaptech

Sep 4, 2016
Do they have an sd card slot? What will you be using them for?
I see that Dell have a SD card IDSDM which I believe is a mezzanine card? Which is great except for wanting to use an IB card in the mezzanine port and was wondering when reading the specs on the C6100 it refers to Embedded Hypervisor ( optional ) does this indeed mean the IDSDM mezzanine card? or is there some other magical way of installing VMware esx into the system without running an external usb key or hacking the internal usb to run a dom?

cheers

sentania

Dec 4, 2016
I see that Dell have a SD card IDSDM which I believe is a mezzanine card? Which is great except for wanting to use an IB card in the mezzanine port and was wondering when reading the specs on the C6100 it refers to Embedded Hypervisor ( optional ) does this indeed mean the IDSDM mezzanine card? or is there some other magical way of installing VMware esx into the system without running an external usb key or hacking the internal usb to run a dom?

cheers
Did you ever figure anything out on this? I have a c6100 arriving next week, and want to avoid using one of the hot swap bays for a boot device.

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
You could always use a satadom if you'd rather not have a flash drive on the backside.