Building a mini fanless Server Akasa Euler M / Supermirco A2SDI-2C-HLN4F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

miesi

Jun 28, 2019
I want to build a mini fanless no noise Server.

The Euler M Chassis looks really nice.

The Supermirco A2SDI-2C-HLN4F has enough CPU Power, NICs, etc.

Anyone ever tried to replace the Supermirco factory installed cpu cooling solution with the Akasa Euler M cooling solution? The Akasa manual gives hints for various Asrock and MSI Boards, but there are no hints or warnings for other boards.

Thanks

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
The server boards from Supermicro usually have the ram front to back beside the CPU that precludes using heat pipes to side of the case where consumer boards of some types have memory arranges such that the shortest side to CPU is clear for heat pipes.

Can’t comment on that exact case though.
I am sure anything is possible ;)

ansx

May 7, 2019
I can confirm that I looked into the exact same solution but couldn't find a way to make it work because of the RAM position.
The hole-spacing for this specific CPU heatsink is 51mm which is fairly uncommon and usually non-compatible with LGA 1150/1151/1155 heatsinks.

If your budget allows it you could go for a X11SSV-Q. There is no IPMI on that board but you can do out of band management using AMT on a low-power vPro-enabled CPU such as i5-7600T.