Bugcheck errors at seemingly random

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
I recently put together a new windows server for hyper-v at home on server 2016 and have been seeing this error "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000192" Initally I thought my old 3ware raid controller(a 9650se) was to blame but I disabled it(although it's still present) and everything was fine for a week(this had been a nearly daily issue) before happening last night. I don't have any other particularly odd hardware or drivers installed however, it's a X9-SRL-f with an e5-2670 and some standard ddr3 that's known good from another build with a connect3-en and a intel gigabit-ct desktop card, everything else is standard to the board. I'm planning on removing the 3ware controller physically today but am hoping someone else has an idea what it might be. I did check the memory dump and found "KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL" to have been what caused the bugcheck although getting an answer as to what caused that is like pulling teeth, i'm hoping someone here may have experienced something similar.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I have read that a few folks have been having all sorts of issues, though I haven't specifically seen any the same as your describing, as a result of the last rounds of patches/ updates. Have you tested with just your initial install without any updates being applied? Just a thought :)

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org
Unfortuantly server 2016 is a bit pushy about installing patches on it's own, I suppose I could just give up on it and go back to server 2012 which is more age appropriate for some of my hardware