Drag to reposition cover

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Juggie

Nov 3, 2018
I promise you don't want to know :D

however that wasn't me that just won that auction, wonder if it was one of you guys
I was tempted but I want a 48P. I already have a 24 port that's full and i'd prefer to replace it as opposed to run two. It also is super expensive shipping/tax wise to bring them into Canada.

Reactions: fohdeesha

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I don't think that auction was a 24-P, looks non-POE to me but they listed as 24-P...SMH, still a good deal and looked especially clean/straight but someday I will pickup a 6450-24P when they are less than $100 again...not in any hurry, I still have a spare 6610-24P sitting on the shelf MUAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Reactions: fohdeesha

Juggie

Nov 3, 2018
I don't think that auction was a 24-P, looks non-POE to me but they listed as 24-P...SMH, still a good deal and looked especially clean/straight but someday I will pickup a 6450-24P when they are less than $100 again...not in any hurry, I still have a spare 6610-24P sitting on the shelf MUAHAHAHA
Good catch, sorry I didn't catch that. Still not a bad deal though.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
I am constantly having WI-FI issues with my Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-Pro connected to the ICX6610 switch. It is mainly with my wife's Peloton bike.

What can I do to troubleshoot the issue in more detail? I may try to connect the Peloton bike to a dedicated switch to determine if the ICX6610 is the issue.

Other option maybe to get another brand of APs.

Last edited:

Juggie

Nov 3, 2018
On another hard wired box, ping the UAP-AC and leave it running. What would be ideal to determine is, if there is any packet loss to the AP itself, or if the problem exists solely between the UAP and the Bike.

Are you running your ssid with both 2.4 and 5ghz on the same ssid? Try creating another ssid dedicated solely to 2.4ghz and configure the Peloton to use that. The UAP (if running a UAP controller software) also has lots of info to help determine what's up. Explore that. Did you get the UAP after the 6610 or before? If before, was it working fine before the 6610?

I would find it very surprising if the 6610 caused problems for one device on wifi while all others are ok. This seems unlikely. Other things can cause havoc, eg at my old house when my neighbors had a kid, my 2.4ghz wifi went to hell as they had a wireless baby monitor on the same frequency. Regardless of the channel, it was crap. Once I moved to a less densely populated area, the exact same wifi router was totally fine.

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
On another hard wired box, ping the UAP-AC and leave it running. What would be ideal to determine is, if there is any packet loss to the AP itself, or if the problem exists solely between the UAP and the Bike.

Are you running your ssid with both 2.4 and 5ghz on the same ssid? Try creating another ssid dedicated solely to 2.4ghz and configure the Peloton to use that. The UAP (if running a UAP controller software) also has lots of info to help determine what's up. Explore that. Did you get the UAP after the 6610 or before?
Yes.. I am running 2.4 and 5ghz on the same SSID... I got the UAP before the 6610. They were working fine with my Juniper EX3300 switches...

The wi-fi issues is mostly with the Peloton bike. For right now to troubleshoot the peloton issue, my wife is using hotspot for the next couple of days.

FYI.. I have 3 of the UAP-ACs.. Two upstairs and 1 in the garage.

Juggie

Nov 3, 2018
Yeah that's a strange one. If you have dhcp on still that could certainly cause issues. Other than that you need to diagnose where the breakdown is.

kapone

May 23, 2015
I am constantly having WI-FI issues with my Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-Pro connected to the ICX6610 switch. It is mainly with my wife's Peloton bike.

What can I do to troubleshoot the issue in more detail? I may try to connect the Peloton bike to a dedicated switch to determine if the ICX6610 is the issue.

Other option maybe to get another brand of APs.
Can you expand on what exactly the issues are?

anlin

Dec 8, 2016
After ~30 mins of idling the management plane was 77 degrees C. I assume this is the switch ASIC? Doing some research it seems that switch ASICs tend to run warm. I mean, Brocade keeps the fans on low until it gets to 93C - which means they would feel confident in this thing running 92C all day everyday with low speed fans.

However, unless someone can tell me that this thing is really designed to live a long life that hot I'm not sure how comfortable I feel running it like that.

Thanks!!
Riley
I'm also looking at replacing the stock fans, which are a bit loud for living room use. Unfortunately I don't have any 40mm fans left over, so I need to order some. I'm also looking at the Delta fans as an option, but I'd also love to hear opinions about the longevity of the switch when running with less optimal airflow. My original plan of chucking a pair of Noctuas in the thing is probably not a wise one considering their lack of headroom if the switch needed additional cooling.

mattaw

Jul 30, 2018
Unless it remembers my login really well that link to http ruckus docs works for me.

However I need to store a local copy ASAP just in case that changes!

Matthew

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
You guys know these docs have been in the firmware zip on the update guide since day 1 right

Your link is also an older admin guide, latest 8030 admin guide is 8030p, which again is in the fw zip

Reactions: mattaw and koisama

snoturtle

Apr 11, 2017
Hi guys

I just received a 6450-48p to go along with my 6610 and am having some issues.

After TFTPing the bootrom over I get an error code 26 with a message about bootrom image verification failed

Can I disable image verification?

Any ideas?

snoturtle

Apr 11, 2017
same error from a fresh download

Will try another pc

Another pc same issue/error

Code:
ICX6450-48P Router#copy tftp flash 192.168.1.35 kxz10105.bin bootrom
ICX6450-48P Router#Load to buffer (8192 bytes per dot)
.........................................FIPS:bootrom image verification is going to be called
FIPS: bootrom.sig is not available
abort called
FIPS: bootrom image verification failed

TFTP to Flash Error - code 26