Drag to reposition cover

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

RoachedCoach

Feb 4, 2020
hey everyone, I'm dealing with some medical issues irl so I may be out of commission/MIA for a while. I will try to get to licensing PMs when I can, if it takes a couple days don't worry, there's still some left. I'm sure members like wolfstar and infomatt will still be around to help
Hey man, best of luck, hope you're well.

Reactions: fohdeesha

infoMatt

Apr 16, 2019
hey everyone, I'm dealing with some medical issues irl so I may be out of commission/MIA for a while. I will try to get to licensing PMs when I can, if it takes a couple days don't worry, there's still some left. I'm sure members like wolfstar and infomatt will still be around to help
:(
Take care of you and your family ;)

koisama

Oct 22, 2018
Does anyone know a good place to look for spare power supplies and fans for icx6610? Ebay has a few listed, but prices look a bit extreme.

hey everyone, I'm dealing with some medical issues irl so I may be out of commission/MIA for a while.
Get well soon!

blinkenlights

May 24, 2019
Does anyone know a good place to look for spare power supplies and fans for icx6610? Ebay has a few listed, but prices look a bit extreme.
Not intending this as an insult, but what prices are "extreme" to you? I configured my non-PoE 7450 for intake airflow (back to front), so these are the higher fan speed "-I" models:
* Fan module - ICX6610-FAN-I - $69.99 +s/h *TESTED* Brocade ICX6610-FAN-I Power-supply-side intake airflow fan | eBay
* PSU - RPS15-I - $65.00 *TESTED* Brocade ICX6610-FAN-I Power-supply-side intake airflow fan | eBay

I did not find those prices unexpected. My only caveat is that you should really try to get "Rev C" power supplies if possible - much quieter.

Also, this may sound crazy at first, but it may make sense for your situation.. you could probably find a spare ICX6610 with all the same modules as yours for less than double the combined price of one fan and one PSU module. If you are in it for the long haul, it might make sense to have a parts donor/sandbox chassis available. For an added bonus, you could even play around with stacking them...

Reactions: koisama and itronin

bbqdt

Sep 15, 2019
Is there a definitive guide for moding the fans on the ICX7250 to silence it? Like exactly the fans to get and how to wire them?

I've spent an hour or so looking and can only find guides for the 6450.

boghea

Oct 8, 2018
Hello all,

Maybe this is a simple task, but can anyone help me to delete a ve interface on a VLAN? Another option maybe renaming it from ve 3 to ve 9 to correlate it to the vlan number. I searched but I could not find how to do it.

Thanks

LodeRunner

Apr 27, 2019
Hello all,

Maybe this is a simple task, but can anyone help me to delete a ve interface on a VLAN? Another option maybe renaming it from ve 3 to ve 9 to correlate it to the vlan number. I searched but I could not find how to do it.

Thanks
Just tested on my 7150:
Code:
conf t
vlan x
no router-interface ve x
router-interface ve y
You can put an arbitrary number for the ve. Unsure if there is a limit.

In the CLI, basically any command can be undone by prefixing 'no' to it.

@fohdeesha: Get well soon!

IronTek

Apr 3, 2020
I just bought a ICX6450-48P. Is there any sort of good 'getting started' guide out there? I just want to run it as a Level 2 switch with POE.

Wolfstar

Nov 28, 2015
I just bought a ICX6450-48P. Is there any sort of good 'getting started' guide out there? I just want to run it as a Level 2 switch with POE.
You mean, other than the one Fohdeesha linked in the first few posts?

If you're looking for a command reference, Ruckus has basically everything you could ask for available on their website, with - at most - a free login required to see it (much of it doesn't even need that). Otherwise, play with it. If you're not doing VLANs, it should work out-of-the-box anyhow.

IronTek

Apr 3, 2020
Right. The first few posts provided a good hardware primer. I was just looking for something perhaps a bit more accessible than the manuals in order to get the basics up and running.

Wolfstar

Nov 28, 2015
It's really going to depend on what you want to do with it. Assuming the config isn't left over on the device from the prior owner, a bare Layer 2 switch with PoE might at most require you to turn on PoE. If you want to run VLANs, that's doable as well, though your best guide as always with networking gear is "?" and "Tab" to find autocompletions and various options at any "level" of a command.

I would start with "show inline power" and make sure "admin state" is on. If it's off, you can either turn it on for specific ports:

Code:
 config t
ethe 1/1/4
inline power
Or just turn it on for all ports (in which case replace 1/1/4 above with "1/1/1 to 1/1/48").

VLANs is another topic altogether, but if you know any Cisco, understand that the Cisco method (config t > interface blah > vlan X) is not the way Brocades work. They're kind of the opposite, where you go config t > vlan X > untagged ethe blah (or tagged ethe blah if you want a trunk/tagged port).

boghea

Oct 8, 2018
Just tested on my 7150:
Code:
conf t
vlan x
no router-interface ve x
router-interface ve y
You can put an arbitrary number for the ve. Unsure if there is a limit.

In the CLI, basically any command can be undone by prefixing 'no' to it.

@fohdeesha: Get well soon!
Thank you for helping me out. Will save this for future references. Now it makes sense.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
Right. The first few posts provided a good hardware primer. I was just looking for something perhaps a bit more accessible than the manuals in order to get the basics up and running.
You missed the giant bold "update / config guide" link in my first thread post, which has the exact "getting started" instructions you're looking for with commands etc

Reactions: IronTek and maes