Drag to reposition cover

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pokeimon

Oct 13, 2019
USA
I'm an idiot and was half asleep when I posted that, I meant home.fohdeesha.com

The main site is in Colo in Chicago so I would really hope it worked lmao
No worries, that still works.

Does the webserver itself (like Windows/IIS) have a firewall that could be blocking port 80? (port 80 is blocked by default on a lot of things).
Running a fresh install of ubuntu server 20.04 and ufw is inactive. I have also tried changing the port to 1234 incase it was an issue with port 80 with no change in results.

For additional information I am trying to set this network up within my current network as a lab environment (dotted box) and its WAN is connected to my local network
network (1).png

For clarification I am trying to access the webserver from my desktop, so I would try to connect to 192.168.10.154 which is port forwarding port 80 and ICMP to the webserver. I did get ICMP to work but port 80 TCP does not.
In OPNsense, I have also unchecked the box that blocks private networks on the WAN interface.

Thanks for all the help so far, I greatly appreciate it.

Jun 22, 2015
I have a icx6650 that I haven't used for a few months and when I got back to it I found that two of the 40g ports can't be "waken up" (1/2/3 and 1/2/4). Have tried reload/reboot/cable swaps but still can't get the last two to work. The two other 40g ports (1/2/1, 1/2/2) work perfectly fine. Am I getting two dead ports? The LEDs are not flashing and the web interface on the ports say "Down".

Jun 22, 2015
Yes I followed your instructions carefully and it had worked perfectly before this "hibernation". I also ran the fpod commands you suggested in a previous post of this thread. But I didn't run a dpod command (I suppose you were actually referring to "fpod"?)
Normally it does come up slowly after some time off but usually in minutes but not hours. And this time is like half a day and they are still not up so I wonder what's going on.
Thanks!

Fallen Kell

Mar 10, 2020
So I started to pick up pieces to do a fan mod on the 6610, but seeing the mod above for the 6450 got me thinking of doing something similar, but with actually removing the internal fans and using the signal generator to fake them. I luckily have a rear-to-front cooling model so this should be pretty easy to do with the right fans (i.e. high pressure since they will be channeling the air into a tighter space).

pokeimon

Oct 13, 2019
USA
No worries, that still works.

Running a fresh install of ubuntu server 20.04 and ufw is inactive. I have also tried changing the port to 1234 incase it was an issue with port 80 with no change in results.

For additional information I am trying to set this network up within my current network as a lab environment (dotted box) and its WAN is connected to my local network
View attachment 16733

For clarification I am trying to access the webserver from my desktop, so I would try to connect to 192.168.10.154 which is port forwarding port 80 and ICMP to the webserver. I did get ICMP to work but port 80 TCP does not.
In OPNsense, I have also unchecked the box that blocks private networks on the WAN interface.

Thanks for all the help so far, I greatly appreciate it.
So a quick update. In case anyone has the same issue though its not really a solution.
I decided to try pfSense and port forwarding just works. I'm not sure what was causing it not work. I may try a fresh install ofOPNsense later this week to see if I see any changes. Though I may just stick with pfSense as it seems to work and I have been pulling my hair out for long enough lol.

ArmedAviator

May 16, 2020
Kansas
So a quick update. In case anyone has the same issue though its not really a solution.
I decided to try pfSense and port forwarding just works. I'm not sure what was causing it not work. I may try a fresh install ofOPNsense later this week to see if I see any changes. Though I may just stick with pfSense as it seems to work and I have been pulling my hair out for long enough lol.
Glad it's working for you in pfSense. Port Forwarding works fine for me with OPNSense with the type of setup you have. Must have been a config somewhere.

bmh.01

Mar 12, 2018
Long shot but I don't suppose anyone has a 7250-24 PoE board that they'd be willing part with?

Finally managed to pick a 7250 up off ebay after waiting 9 months for one to come up with a non-daft price (they're very rare here in the UK it seems) and it's got a blown PD69208 chip on the PoE board :(.

Roelf Zomerman

Jan 10, 2019
blog.azureinfra.com
Any recommendations for a 10G base RJ45 SFP for the 6450? I'm currently using a Ubiquity UF-RJ45-10G, but while it starts with 10G on a file copy, soon the speed drops to around 1GB and then even below that and causing connection issues.. only removing it from the switch and then putting it back in it will go back to 10G momentarily.. tried it with multiple cables - same result - 1G connections with the same cables are stable

(test is with server (2x 10G SFP Direct) --> 6450 --> UF-RJ45-10G --> UTP cable (10M) --> Cisco 3064T --> 10G base T)

BobTB

Jul 19, 2019
MikroTik S+RJ10 works great, just make sure you get V2, V1 does not support jumbo frames (serial should end with 2)

Jul 19, 2020
So, I recently picked up an ICX 7150-C12P that has a dead power supply. If I supply 54V from an external source, the switch boots up and runs normally. However, the power supply appears to be completely dead, with no obviously bad components. Now I just need to procure a replacement power supply. I found a pair of broken ICX6450-C12-PD which appear to be the previous-generation switch (which apparently power on but do not boot), does anyone have one of these and can pop the top off to confirm the model of the power supply? The PSU in my ICX 7150-C12P is a 54V, 2.78A unit from Shenzhen Gospell Digital Technology, part number G0966A-540-0278 (printed on a sticker wrapped around one of the capacitors).

Jul 19, 2020
I suppose I can give one of those a shot. Seller is now auto-rejecting offers less than $55 or so. That's a real asshole move, ebay doesn't tell you what the lower cutoff is, but still counts it as an attempted offer, even though it was never sent to the seller.

carbon60

Dec 17, 2018
I've recently received an ICX 7150-C12P and I have a question about the port status LEDs. This document suggests that the right port status LED should indicate PoE:

PoE works fine on all ports, however only the left port activity LED lights up for me even when PoE is in use. Please could someone with this switch indicate what the reality is, the document mentions that it is disabled currently on the ICX 7150-24P but nothing about it also being disabled on the ICX 7150-C12P.

Bizarrely when I first got the switch it came with SPS08080d firmware and the left port activity LED would be orange when gigabit and PoE was in use and green just for gigabit only. I checked the CLI and it was connected at gigabit. Now I've gone for SPR08080e firmware the left port activity LED is now green whether PoE is in use or not.

rocketpanda40

Dec 12, 2019
I've recently received an ICX 7150-C12P and I have a question about the port status LEDs. This document suggests that the right port status LED should indicate PoE:

PoE works fine on all ports, however only the left port activity LED lights up for me even when PoE is in use. Please could someone with this switch indicate what the reality is, the document mentions that it is disabled currently on the ICX 7150-24P but nothing about it also being disabled on the ICX 7150-C12P.

Bizarrely when I first got the switch it came with SPS08080d firmware and the left port activity LED would be orange when gigabit and PoE was in use and green just for gigabit only. I checked the CLI and it was connected at gigabit. Now I've gone for SPR08080e firmware the left port activity LED is now green whether PoE is in use or not.
I'm running 8090 on my c12 and only the left light is on. Green regardless of poe or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbon60

csementuh

Oct 7, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Merry Christmas everyone!

So I followed the instructions to disable it long ago but my 7250-48P is still trying to phone home to the swregistrar.brocade.com very often. I have it blocked in my pihole but I'd surely like to make it stop. Is there a tried and true way to make it stop for good? Thanks!