EXPIRED Brocade ICX 6610-48P $112 OBO

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
Are you using the Reveltronics programmer to brute-force the password? Outside of buying multiple programmers or trying "obvious" passwords, maybe get a pool of people going and divide the space.

Reactions: Samir

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
Are you using the Reveltronics programmer to brute-force the password? Outside of buying multiple programmers or trying "obvious" passwords, maybe get a pool of people going and divide the space.
Yes, exactly.

We'd need a lot of people with the Programmer + QSFP board though (about 300€ for the hardware), probably not worth it.

seanneko

Feb 1, 2022
So, beware: Newer Mellanox cards (ConnectX-4 / ConnectX-5 and upwards) seem to have a vendor lock for (certain) 40GBit transceivers implemented.

Sadly, the Intel transceivers are locked, means I can't reprogram them. Usually you can just brute force a password (see my thread https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/transceiver-password-collection.39458/ for some), but the Intel transceivers only do about 100 passwords per second (usually transceivers do 3000), so it would take ages (more than one year in worst case) to brute force the password.
If anyone has the password for those transceivers, please let me know!
I wonder if it might be easier to modify the firmware to remove the vendor lock. I know that it's easy to reflash them, but I don't know whether or not they have some sort of checksum validation.