Brocade ICX-6450-48p $95+ shipping or less

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

miked1

Mar 15, 2017
I'm watching it too. Have a PM going w/seller to ascertain what switch one would receive due to their mixing or POE and non-POE in the same auction as well as few other general Qs. Seller's response to everything- let them know what you'd like (in PM, during checkout, IDK; also no clue how that plays out when they sell out of your "preference"). Doesn't accept returns either.

Only seeing a "flash" sale price of $111.96 plus ship (eBay estimates $40 shipping to my location).

miked1

Mar 15, 2017
I counted 5 POE and 5 non in their second posted image. 2 already sold. As long as everything works (seller didn't disclose testing when asked and seller doesn't accept returns; stuck with eBay buyer protection if bad ports or didn't get the model actually desired) could still be a decent deal overall esp if snagging a POE model.

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Tell me about your S2500 mate. Is it quiet? It looks like a nice cheap alternative to the Mikrotik 4 port 10Gb switch. Not for power, but at least for price.
Its a switch? I got a -24p for $75 shipped to my door.
https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/aruba-mas-series-round-2.24698/
https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/aruba-mas-series-sfp-poe-switches-sub-100.23056/
Major issue seems to be a lack of IPv6 support, which I don't care about.
Does not stand out in terms of noise but there is an Intel 1u 2x E5-2600 and a xb-1235 next to it, so those really dominate. It is in my basement and audible on first floor if it is quiet, but that never happens.
Sits at around 57w with cable modem and router on the same UPS, no POE loads. Web dashboard is useable, but need CLI for most tasks.
I did the 2500 vs the 3500 as I wanted short depth and do not intend to max out on POE devices.

Reactions: Sleyk

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Why, thank you my good sir!
Not a problem. Point of clarity, on the noise, the set of switch/intel/xyratex is audible, but I don't think that the switch is a major part of that except maybe at boot when fans full speed. It is pretty quiet.

Reactions: Sleyk

noise850

Feb 28, 2020
Did anyone else buy one of these switches? I put an offer in and put in the message that it was for a P model exclusively. Seller shipped me a non PoE one. Also they shipped it in something the size of a pizza box with only one thin layer of bubble wrap that the switch barely fit into. Rack ears are badly bent probably from shipping.

Edit: Contacted the seller and he was very professional. Admitted he made a mistake and took steps to make it right. He said he gets these in all the time and will let me know when some more Brocades come in, which I can pass along the info here on STH.

Last edited:

PGlover

Nov 8, 2014
Did anyone else buy one of these switches? I put an offer in and put in the message that it was for a P model exclusively. Seller shipped me a non PoE one. Also they shipped it in something the size of a pizza box with only one thin layer of bubble wrap that the switch barely fit into. Rack ears are badly bent probably from shipping.

Edit: Contacted the seller and he was very professional. Admitted he made a mistake and took steps to make it right. He said he gets these in all the time and will let me know when some more Brocades come in, which I can pass along the info here on STH.
I purchased 2 of the units. I requested the POE version and received 2 POE units. However, as you stated, the packaging of the units was unacceptable. The box was too small and very little bubble wrap. The rack ears were bent and some other damage as well. I contacted the seller and received some credit. In summary, I would not purchase from the seller again.