Brocade 6450 multiple lan rooting

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sergi0

Dec 4, 2016
Hi,
I recently upgrade my home switch from a 16 ports netgear GS116E with a Brocade 6450 24 ports.

Everything was directly plugged in the switch. I have a simple architecture : a network 192.168.1.x used by default between the ISP modem (Freebox server) and the ISP IPTV box (Freebox player). Their configuration is specific so I did not bother to make any chances in their network address. I also have a FW with a foot on 192.168.1.x and the rest of my home network, 10.11.12.x.

The switch is in a closet where all the RJ45 cables arrive from different parts of the home. FW and modem are in the closet too. So when everything was plugged in the Netgear switch, every devices was working, especially the ISP IPTV box. the switch was automatically dealing with the 2 networks and I did not have to modify anything.

When I plugged everything in the Brocade, I thought it will work the same... of course not. The ISP IPTV box is not able to contact the modem and get its network streams. To be more precise about my setup, there is a RJ45 plug in the wall near the TV where I have another basic switch behind and the ISP IPTV, shield and TV are plugged on the switch, and then it goes on the wall and in the Netgear swith. So on this cable (and ports on Brocade side), there are 2 subnet : 192.168.1.x and 10.11.12.x.

I started to read Brocade documentation but I thought I could ask the forum before spending 20 hours doing so. Not that I don't like to learn, but I rather have the answer and then spend time learning when I have time.

Thanks !

Serge