Broadcom PS225-PB SmartNIC (DPU!) for $200 !

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

connork

May 5, 2022
Hey everyone, first post here on the forums, hope posting here first is OK!
Found these guys while trolling eBay... Have been very thankful for the forums here and others who have shared deals and their experiences with said hardware. So I figured I would give back.
This seller will take $200 a piece, there are 2 left as of posting!
Specs:
8x 64-bit ArmV8 at 3.0Ghz a piece, 16GB of DDR4, UEFI, 2x 25Gbe

Here is the white paper on it!

Hope someone else can nab one and play around too! I am waiting for mine to get in still!
Cheers!

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Welcome welcome!

I would ask the seller to clarify which model it is. The title says 16GB. However, according to the datasheet, you can order it with either:

- 16GB DDR4 and 64GB eMMC
- 8GB DDR4 and 16GB eMMC

Maybe worth it for 16GB ram and 64gb storage? Would be very interesting to try if that little thing can support ZFS, as it even says De-Dupe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Welcome welcome!

I would ask the seller to clarify which model it is. The title says 16GB. However, according to the datasheet, you can order it with either:

- 8GB DDR4 and 16GB eMMC

Maybe worth it for 16GB ram and 64gb storage? Would be very interesting to try if that little thing can support ZFS, as it even says De-Dupe.
They have a picture of the box in the listing. BCM958802A8046CQ seems to be the part number and 650861000277 is the UPC.

Reactions: altmind and connork

connork

May 5, 2022
They have a picture of the box in the listing. BCM958802A8046CQ seems to be the part number and 650861000277 is the UPC.
Apologies, yes I meant to say that the model number does seem to match the doc! This person seems to sell random stuff, a few things new in the box like this. So I have no reason to believe that would be wrong.

connork

May 5, 2022
Welcome welcome!

- 8GB DDR4 and 16GB eMMC

I was thinking something similar, at-least in terms of having it run in a root complex mode... But unfortunately it seems this is locked to the 100Gb model from Broadcom... I see no mention that the lower end models support root complex :(

I see no reason why it couldn't though since it seems to be the same chip!
But exploration would be needed there...

Reactions: Patrick

connork

May 5, 2022
And here it is, as described in the listing, they are brand new, sealed. Pictured here below a dual port 25Gbe Bluefield-II for reference :)
Came with both brackets as pictured too. Box says 3-15-21, not that old at all!
I'd love to know who else grabbed some cards to collaborate on tinkering with them. Probably should start a thread somewhere once I am able to get to them. I have many projects going on right now so it may be a little while. But glad people grabbed these cards for a great deal!

Considering I have both cards, I guess it would be fun to benchmark each other head to head :)
IMG_3921.jpg

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@connork Let me know if I can help. Want to do a main site article at some point? I have one of these so I can do all the photography.

Maybe a thread/ resource for now then an article once we have something interesting to share?

Reactions: Jaket