Boycot PayPal

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Hi,

I would suggest you all boycot PayPal and find other means of transferring funds when buying or selling stuff.

I have tried now for several hours to "Decline" a payment that I got from another member here because he wants to buy something from me - that is not possible because of "techical issues" - and paypal wants me to try again later. Buyer cannot cancel the payment either, since no cancel link is available.
Supports suggestion is to wait 30 days, then money would automatically be transferred back, since I havent accepted the payment. Support says they cannot cancel payment, which we all know is a lie, since they have no problem reversing charges when disputed are made.

On top of this, buyer then send me the correct payment - and now PayPal wants to put a hold on funds until courier have proved delivery. This has never been required before and is just the last straw.

I will certainly no longer use PayPal for anything if I can get away with it.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
While I don't think anybody loves using Paypal, the reality is there are no equally viable alternatives. Paypal is effectively the standard and many venues for selling either require, or strongly prefer it so even if other platforms offer equal or better functionality it's hard to switch.

I don't blame you for giving up on them, but at the end of the day until a critical mass of users leave Paypal for the next thing you're going to limit your options for both buying and selling. Personally while I'd love to see competition I don't want it bad enough (yet) to limit what I can buy and sell.

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Don't they just love to ask you to "verify" your account, eventually completely blocking access for no apparent reason. I've several banned accounts now, some with balance on those which I've been unable to do anything about. Ridiculous.

Bjorn Smith

Sep 3, 2019
r00t.dk
Its good to be the king, then you can do whatever you want :) Up until the revolution comes.

Last edited: